Lack of interest Warning notifications on user upgrade expiration

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

SneakyDave

It would be nice to add an option to user upgrades indicating the number of days prior that a user's upgrade will expire.

The user would receive a notification 'Your upgrade [upgrade name] will expire in xx days"

Maybe it isn't very user friendly unless this notification can be canceled when the user receives the 'expired' notification.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't see count downs and regular pestering of those already choosing to subscribe to an upgrade as anything but a waste of your time and theirs, and as an invitation to leave. I always try hard not to do anything negative or pointless.

Why not simply set things up as Paypal subscriptions, monthly usually seems best, and then Paypal will just keep automatically renewing them unless the member or you tell them to stop.

That's my thinking anyway.. obviously you can do whatever you like.

Steve

I liked this because for our site which is a local club with $20/yr membership dues, we currently send out a notice at 7, 3, and 1 day prior to expiration of their membership.

I suppose that this might be able to be integrated via an add-on, like Notifications by @Chris D but not sure if that is possible

Top Bottom