• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Want some opinions

Very Nice, especially liking the tone of blue and what you've done to the breadcrumbs, nav menu. Looking forward in seeing the other colours, and what tones are used :thumbsup:

Very Nice, especially liking the tone of blue and what you've done to the breadcrumbs, nav menu. Looking forward in seeing the other colours, and what tones are used (y)
Going to try to finish the base design up within the next few days, then probably start on the other colors.

The purple one I have planned is just as nice as the blue, haven't decided on the others though (y).

Going to try to finish the base design up within the next few days, then probably start on the other colors.

The purple one I have planned is just as nice as the blue, haven't decided on the others though (y).

The designed (currently in the screenshot) categories are they final? I ask because I think you could be a little more adventurous with it like you have done with the breadcrumbs/navigation, image/gradient and give it a slightly little more prominence but overall I can see this style being something that is very appealing to a broad audience.

I guess the other question is the sidebar, visitor panel etc is this all finalised? or will that be changing significantly from now (mockup) to when it transitions over to coding/design stage?

Might look good in red too ;)

Was thinking of a deep red, would just be difficult to keep the contrast.

The designed (currently in the screenshot) categories are they final? I ask because I think you could be a little more adventurous with it like you have done with the breadcrumbs/navigation, image/gradient and give it a slightly little more prominence but overall I can see this style being something that is very appealing to a broad audience.

I guess the other question is the sidebar, visitor panel etc is this all finalised? or will that be changing significantly from now (mockup) to when it transitions over to coding/design stage?

The forumlisting might get a makeover, I just have to decide how to do it without doing the same style I've done on the last few designs I've done. I actually have a thought of doing something different, just have to look into how difficult it would be to get it done in code.

Sidebar and such will probably stay the way it is only because I want to leave the top right open for advertising if someone wishes to use it.

There might be some minor changes to the design, but it'll all keep the same feel.

Probably not for free.

The style will actually have ~5+ colors when done (I've already previewed how the purple one will look to Kim and she liked tha tone as well ;)).

free, paid pfffttt, I don't care. This is excellent, imo.
My one and only suggestion would be to not have the breadcrumb and navigation bar look so much alike. That could be confusing to some people, as you've already seen here.

free, paid pfffttt, I don't care. This is excellent, imo.
My one and only suggestion would be to not have the breadcrumb and navigation bar look so much alike. That could be confusing to some people, as you've already seen here.

I'm sure I'll be burnt at the stake for saying the following but I'll say it regardless and get some good ole yea stoning as punishment. You would have to be extremely high on the best available medication money can buy or lying in bed comatose barely awake to mistake the breadcrumbs and navigation menu.

I suppose slight colour adjustments or a re-co0loured gradient would be a nice solution but overall, the gradients used are prity much consistent and go nicely.

Or suffering from level 5 scurvy, that has been known to affect peoples judging distinguishing the breadcrumbs from the navigation menu.

I'm liking the colour usage that is currently used and would find it next to impossible to mistake either area you pointed out.

I like it too, as I've already mentioned. :)
However I was referring to this post, when I said that the breadcrumb has already been mistaken for the navbar. So it has been done already...
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/want-some-opinions.16595/#post-218361
That was because there was no board title which made it easier to differentiate between them.

I'll probably switch back to the old styling (category styling as breadcrumb and breadcrumb as category).

I'll try to have an updated one done later tonight, but have to do a few other things.

I like it too, as I've already mentioned. :)
However I was referring to this post, when I said that the breadcrumb has already been mistaken for the navbar. So it has been done already...
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/want-some-opinions.16595/#post-218361
My fail there Peggy ;) I was kinda leaning towards the double-navtabs idea because of a thread ragtek posted about tabs being finite. I do admit it is misleading, maybe because there isn't a hierarchical operator (such as the >)

That was because there was no board title which made it easier to differentiate between them.

I'll probably switch back to the old styling (category styling as breadcrumb and breadcrumb as category).

I'll try to have an updated one done later tonight, but have to do a few other things.

Don't change too much, I love it as is. :)

My fail there Peggy ;) I was kinda leaning towards the double-navtabs idea because of a thread ragtek posted about tabs being finite. I do admit it is misleading, maybe because there isn't a hierarchical operator (such as the >)
Ah I gotcha.

I hate styling the default breadcrumb :mad:.

I hate styling the default breadcrumb :mad:.
I think it's fair to say that most people do - but I really hadn't anticipated that so many people would want to make such minor changes to it, keeping the pointy-block look. I had rather expected that people would use the markup to do significantly different things, and it's to that end that the code is structured as it is.

Very nice, imho you have just the change the background on the logo and the links in the bottom of the navbar.

I think it's fair to say that most people do - but I really hadn't anticipated that so many people would want to make such minor changes to it, keeping the pointy-block look. I had rather expected that people would use the markup to do significantly different things, and it's to that end that the code is structured as it is.
Yeah I get that, I just don't like styling the arrow part of the default, otherwise it would have been fine ;).

Top Bottom