"Waiting for" message.

Edrondol

Every time anyone does anything we get long page loads. They get the message "waiting for..." and then it cycles like it's hanging. Now, I checked all the logs. Nothing. I turned on the debug and it says that the pages are done loading, gives the load time and memory needed...and then it still looks like it's cycling.

Couple of things. First, I'm still running 1.1.2 and will be upgrading to 1.1.4 in about 1/2 hour to see if that takes care of things, but is there something else we should be looking for?

A few. At one time I'd disabled them and it seemed to make little difference. But that was a while ago.

Is there a good way to find out how much of a drag each one has without doing the "disable/check/enable" them?

Do you have any add-ons installed?

I have also heard of email issues causing problems, due to emails being sent on thread updates, etc.

Yup I encountered exactly this problem and e-mail sending out was the cause which resulted in Page hanging upon submitting.

Okay, slight necro.

Here's what I've tried:
  • Disabled all addons. No change.
  • Disabled email. No change.
  • Upgraded to 1.1.4. No change.
  • Upgraded all addons and styles. No change.
  • Checked with the host. He sees nothing.
So I'm at a loss. Right now what happens is the page loads and looks like it's done, but it still says, "Waiting for..." and the cursor still shows that something is thinking. And I can't figure out why.

Where is the "Waiting for..." message displayed?
Is it a browser message?

Try disabling any sharing/social media features such as Facebook, G+, Twitter, AddThis, etc.

Found it! It was Piwik! It was hanging trying to find the DB because I had a typo in the IP address! YIPPEE!!

Oh well, if nothing else, all of this has caused me to make some changes I needed to make and the site runs faster now than ever. Thanks all for the help! And thanks to Mike Edge for sending me in the right direction!

Top Bottom