VPS Help Needed - Slow posting but sites fast

I would just like to say a big thank you to Slavik here, he has helped with getting Percona server working and running well and the sites posting speed has really improved, its not just a small difference but a huge difference. Thank you for the great support! Percona server is something I think I will be sticking with from now on. Anyone experiencing a fast loading XF but slow on posting replies should try this.

I would just like to say a big thank you to Slavik here, he has helped with getting Percona server working and running well and the sites posting speed has really improved, its not just a small difference but a huge difference. Thank you for the great support! Percona server is something I think I will be sticking with from now on. Anyone experiencing a fast loading XF but slow on posting replies should try this.

No problem.

For those wondering, there were some lib dependency errors (the server was running WHM and cpanel) which needed to be removed as they were conflicting with the percona libs. Once done percona needed to be started up (with inno DB (error logs had to be removed)) and some configuration, and finally rebuild litespeed and php.

Glad it's made such an impact.

Can you just post your updated my.cnf here? I forgot to make a copy, just to show people what it had in it.

Nice work Slavik, that's what I had to go through on mine, as I also run cpanel/WHM. Has yum.conf also been updated to stop it excluding MySQL from updating now it's no longer being looked after by WHM?

No problem.

For those wondering, there were some lib dependency errors (the server was running WHM and cpanel) which needed to be removed as they were conflicting with the percona libs. Once done percona needed to be started up (with inno DB (error logs had to be removed)) and some configuration, and finally rebuild litespeed and php.

Glad it's made such an impact.

Can you just post your updated my.cnf here? I forgot to make a copy, just to show people what it had in it.

Here it is:

Code:
# Generated by Percona Configuration Wizard (http://tools.percona.com/) version REL5-20120208
# Configuration name server-9 generated for xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx.com at 2013-01-03 16:32:09

[mysqld]

default-storage-engine = innodb

# MyISAM #
key_buffer_size                = 32M

# SAFETY #
max_allowed_packet            = 16M

# CACHES AND LIMITS #
tmp_table_size                = 32M
max_heap_table_size            = 32M
query_cache_type              = 1
query_cache_size              = 32M
max_connections                = 500