Fixed  Visitor/User - Inconsistent?

One is for people who are not logged in, the other is per specific user that you wish to convey a subtle message to leave.
Difference in the wording is that you are trying to discourage all visitors (aka, those that just want to leech information off your site rather than signing up). You could put a banner at the top if they are a guest that says "Having page loading problems? Register to remove those difficulties!"
The other is just specific per user you want to leave.

Are you saying that XF is giving me the option to create fake system problems and delays to unregistered users :confused:

Are you saying that XF is giving me the option to create fake system problems and delays to unregistered users :confused:
Exactly.
Selecting the Visitor Discouragement will prevent leechers/moochers/lazy people from just taking information and bandwidth off your server, instead of being part of the community. It can also be helpful if your site is "invite only" style.

Exactly.
Selecting the Visitor Discouragement will prevent leechers/moochers/lazy people from just taking information and bandwidth off your server, instead of being part of the community. It can also be helpful if your site is "invite only" style.

That's not what it does.

nvm, after rereading the description again and playing with it more, yeah the name is a mismatch.

I could have sworn when I put my testdummy on it, it brought me to another page to edit his discouragement. I must have clicked the other page again.

Top Bottom