Vision [Deleted]

maybe you already saw it, maybe you did not....

Just installed on newest XF...
raw code is showing just under: Users Online Now
online_now_x_members_y_guests_z

and this in admin:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in TMS/Model/Template.php at line 228
  6. TMS_Model_Template->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 431
  7. XenForo_Model_Template->getOutdatedTemplates() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Home.php at line 26
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Home->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home1/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

Last edited:

and this in admin:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  6. TMS_Model_Template->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 431
  7. XenForo_Model_Template->getOutdatedTemplates() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Home.php at line 26
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Home->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home1/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

That Mysqli prepare error is related to the Template modification system add on. Disable the add on, upgrade it or uninstall it.

and this in admin:

As @oman has stated, this style has nothing to do with that error.

Vision more or less is the default style, only it has been optimized for further easy viewing. Adding it would not cause any errors of any kind... ie... The cause lies else where.

Great looking theme. Is this out of Beta yet? I am cautious to install any style if there are potential bugs in there? This a godsend for senior citizens!

Great looking theme. Is this out of Beta yet? I am cautious to install any style if there are potential bugs in there? This a godsend for senior citizens!
Technically, it is out of beta. But like "Google" I'm always hesitant to say the job is finished.

It does indeed help people who are experiencing poor eye sight. I will be updating this to XenForo 1.3 once it is released as well. This is something I plan to hold long term support for and continue to update (and improve) when needed.

No longer beta, now stable version :)

Of course always looking for ways to improve this. I myself have better than 20/20 (I have 20/15 or 15/20 ... Always get them confused. lol). So seeing is not an issue for me (except at 3 am, which is when I usually tweak this).

I have implemented the standard used by sites that do have visually disabled people in mind. But that can never truly substitute. So feedback is not only welcomed, it is very much encouraged.

With this said, I have tested this on a few sites, include 1 senior center who uses their forum for community even notices. So it has passed for easy viewing, but I am completely open for advice and suggestions.

Adam Howard updated Vision with a new update entry:

User feedback

Sometimes the littlest feedback makes a world of difference. :) This update changings only 1 setting.

Appearance > Styles > Vision > Style Properties > Header and Navigation > Header Tab Height

By default this value in XenForo is 25px. This update changes it to 30px

You can apply this change yourself manually and compare. And it clearly does make a difference in that it spaces the tabs a little more from the sub navigation, making it easier to read for people who have poor eyesight.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom