Violence in McD store nearly kills patron

Shamil

Just heard about this on the news.

There was some violence at a McDonald's store in Baltimore, between three females.

The victim suffered from fitting at the incident and did not appear to receive any first aid from a video footage shot by a member of staff at the scene.

I'm not going to post the video here, but it can be found on the internet. Note that the video contains scenes of unprecedented violence.

Personally, I thought staff acted in a less professional manner, and did not assist to calm the situation in an appropriate way. No first-aid was administered by staff when the casualty victim began fitting.

Here's what McD have to say about it, via Twitter:

We strongly condemn the videotaped assault in one of our Baltimore franchised restaurants.
There's no room for violence under the Golden Arches.
Appropriate action regarding other employees will take place as warranted.
Action has been taken, and the crew member who made the video is no longer employed by this organization.
First and foremost, our thoughts are with the victim during this time.
The incident in Baltimore is sad and reprehensible. We are doing everything possible to make sure the right thing will be done.
We are shocked by the video from a Baltimore restaurant showing an assault. This incident is unacceptable, disturbing and troubling.
We are aware of the incident in Baltimore and are working with local police in their criminal investigation.

Wow staffs are busy taking Pictures and videos instead of trying to secure the victim . All of them deserve to be fired.

Just heard about this on the news.

There was some violence at a McDonald's store in Baltimore, between three females.

The victim suffered from fitting at the incident and did not appear to receive any first aid from a video footage shot by a member of staff at the scene.

I'm not going to post the video here, but it can be found on the internet. Note that the video contains scenes of unprecedented violence.

Personally, I thought staff acted in a less professional manner, and did not assist to calm the situation in an appropriate way. No first-aid was administered by staff when the casualty victim began fitting.

I would not be surprised if no one on site was actually knowledgeable in providing first-aide.

This disgusts me...and the irony is the woman who was beat was a transgender and she acted more like a lady than the scum who beat her down. Why can't people just mind their effing business.
Wow staffs are busy taking Pictures and videos instead of trying to secure the victim . All of them deserve to be fired.
Well technically speaking and I don't know about Maryland but where I am...intervening would be a crime even under the self defense laws and even if you were helping someone you would probably still be arrested for assault or something along the lines. Also some workplaces expressly forbid in situations as such to intercede physically. That being said I don't stand around watching anyone, guy girl or both get lit up like that.

It was a cowardly dirty and a purely evil act which in my opinion was senseless because what these girls were assaulting the victim over is not going to disappear because they did it. It just sets a precedent for a race war, because of how the video can be interpreted and peoples misinterpretations of an act that angers them causes them to lash out at something whether it be directed properly or not. I already saw signs of it in postings around the net even on cbs content. Physical action should only be taken when prompted , there is no other alternative, the benefit out weighs the cost, and if those all fall true then only when you are in imminent danger of or are struck upon first. A couple of hoodrats got together and did some inexcusable chit and they should be punished without prejudice and serve a long sentence.

:unsure:<sigh>sometimes humans disappoint me.

Well technically speaking and I don't know about Maryland but where I am...intervening would be a crime even under the self defense laws and even if you were helping someone you would probably still be arrested for assault or something along the lines. Also some workplaces expressly forbid in situations as such to intercede physically. That being said I don't stand around watching anyone, guy girl or both get lit up like that.

But this case was different staffs had more chances to save the victim on time instead of enjoying it by taking pictures and videos .

I would not be surprised if no one on site was actually knowledgeable in providing first-aide.
Not providing medical attention to somebody is a crime, as the sup. / man. should of closed the doors and prevented the victim from more injuries from the seizure. Every store supervisor / manager has basic first-aid.

She seems to be alright physically, as I just seen the video interview of her.

Chrissy Lee Polis - McDonalds Beating Victim Baltimore Speaks.

http://zennie2005.blogspot.com/2011/04/violent-beating-in-mcdonalds-baltimore.html

But this case was different staffs had more chances to save the victim on time instead of enjoying it by taking pictures and videos .
I'm not arguing with you...I think they should have helped but I will also tell you that I have a friend in jail because he tried to break up a fight and failed. When people act like morons no one wins.

I'm not arguing with you...I think they should have helped but I will also tell you that I have a friend in jail because he tried to break up a fight and failed. When people act like morons no one wins.

I understand your Point i have witnessed such things as you explained above few years back when i was coming out of subway there was few guys fighting outside and one of them was seriously injured and a doctor tried to help him but he told cops that guy was trying to harm him lol . I won't get myself involved in such place but simply can call 911 and leave . In this case all employees were responsible when the other ladies went outside they simply could have locked the door .

In this case all employees were responsible when the other ladies went outside they simply could have locked the door .
I might be mistaken, but does all doors have to remain unlocked during business hours? I understand your logic, but I believe their is a law preventing locking your own door during business hours.

I might be mistaken, but does all doors have to remain unlocked during business hours? I understand your logic, but I believe their is a law preventing locking your own door during business hours.

When such thing happens they actually can lockdown for certain period .

When such thing happens they actually can lockdown for certain period .
They can yes but if you notice there are still non employees in the building and locking someone inside a building against their will is kidnapping by law and they didn't stop beating her until they we're outside. I'm pretty sure those shameful women would go after whatever they could money wise.

They can yes but if you notice there are still non employees in the building and locking someone inside a building against their will is kidnapping by law and they didn't stop beating her until they we're outside. I'm pretty sure those shameful women would go after whatever they could money wise.

I doubt they'd be locked in against their will. They'd probably want to be there to be safe.

I doubt they'd be locked in against their will. They'd probably want to be there to be safe.
True but you speak of the innocent. I was referring to the savages.

From what I saw in the video....the girls doing the assaulting...were spread out and moving around...they we're both not outside at the same time until the very end of the video. Locking the doors before everyone was out of the structure would be kidnapping (obviously the one who got beat up would be happy with the doors looking) and would require the person who locked the door to be arrested. I am sure someone working at Mickey D's can't afford the greatest attorney and that was probably a factor as to why they did not intervene. This is the way I interpreted this anyways. And honestly if that guy locked the door while one of them was inside those assailants would have just turned around a filed a lawsuit themselves.

True but you speak of the innocent. I was referring to the savages.

From what I saw in the video....the girls doing the assaulting...were spread out and moving around...they we're both not outside at the same time until the very end of the video. Locking the doors before everyone was out of the structure would be kidnapping (obviously the one who got beat up would be happy with the doors looking) and would require the person who locked the door to be arrested. I am sure someone working at Mickey D's can't afford the greatest attorney and that was probably a factor as to why they did not intervene. This is the way I interpreted this anyways. And honestly if that guy locked the door while one of them was inside those assailants would have just turned around a filed a lawsuit themselves.

True. I wish we could teleport people in and out of places.

Wow.. this is the first I've heard of this video. I'll make a few a comments.

First, I believe in Maryland that you can use equal and opposite force to protect you or anyone else. The only issue a good Samaritan would face would be if the defendant or bystanders convinced the police that they were involved or acted excessively.

Second, I know everyone wants to come down on the guy that video taped this but I'm glad he did. It created exposure to the issue and it will be valuable evidence for the prosecution.

Third, towards the end of the video I see an employee intervene when the older woman also tries to defend the victim. So, at least one employee does get involved.

Lastly, I think it's tragic that more people didn't stop this from escalating. I'm thinking it's a sign of the times. I know there was a time when this wouldn't be tolerated. I hope that ethic get re-instilled.

--- edit ---
Re: Locking doors

Nope, don't want to do that. What if one of these girls had a gun and you trapped bystanders inside and one of them gets shot and/or killed?

I suggest, in order of urgency. Call 911, get between victim and attackers, administer aid to victim if required, detain attackers, provide statement to police and / or medical personnel, and then write your statement while it's fresh in your mind. Hold on to statement in case you are required to appear in court.

Wow.. this is the first I've heard of this video. I'll make a few a comments.

First, I believe in Maryland that you can use equal and opposite force to protect you or anyone else. The only issue a good Samaritan would face would be if the defendant or bystanders convinced the police that they were involved or acted excessively.

Second, I know everyone wants to come down on the guy that video taped this but I'm glad he did. It created exposure to the issue and it will be valuable evidence for the prosecution.

Third, towards the end of the video I see an employee intervene when the older woman also tries to defend the victim. So, at least one employee does get involved.

Lastly, I think it's tragic that more people didn't stop this from escalating. I'm thinking it's a sign of the times. I know there was a time when this wouldn't be tolerated. I hope that ethic get re-instilled.

--- edit ---
Re: Locking doors

Nope, don't want to do that. What if one of these girls had a gun and you trapped bystanders inside and one of them gets shot and/or killed?

I suggest, in order of urgency. Call 911, get between victim and attackers, administer aid to victim if required, detain attackers, provide statement to police and / or medical personnel, and then write your statement while it's fresh in your mind. Hold on to statement in case you are required to appear in court.

I agree with some of what you say...specifically the part about the video and it's evidentiary value and making a statement if you are there as a form of employment as well as calling authorities.

But....

See here's the problem...we are a species that developed out of savagery and over the years some retain some of that and when you have a situation like the McD's incident as a bystander you either freeze up or react ( parasympathetic acute stress response or hyperarousal ) After years of training ourselves to be what we now call civilized for the most-part, we still have lingering hardwired responses to specific stress stimuli. Some people don't have it in them to "fight" (fight-or-flight response) anymore for the most part and then again some never lost it but over the generations some others may have literally rewired they're predetermined actions to a specific scenario so as they can deal with the stresses of being part of a society. These are also things that you can train yourself to do over time and with discipline.

Regardless of all my babble though... when police show up, there is blood on the floor, and someone convulsing probably in shock....well, if they don't have evidence they push hard for answers and that's taking into account that that officer is about the laws he enforces...when you have cops that are willing to break the law to enforce it...you get people who don't want to do anything for risk of losing their own freedom.

It is sad but I cannot judge anyone in this situation (except the attackers) because I don't know what kind of circumstances surrounds that specific area. I can tell you that up north a few hours from there...not many people would be quick to help anyone in that situation because generally speaking around here regardless of the situation most people involved in a physical fight get cuffed and brought to a police station and most of the time catch a least a small charge something like a breach of peace...and a lot of people with lower income simply cannot afford hits like that. I mean there is so much you can see by a video...but there is so much more information we all don't have surrounding the event. All I can say is the girls should not pass go, they shouldn't collect 200 dollars, and they should go directly to jail....Rich Uncle Pennybags style.

Companies fear lawsuits. I probably shouldn't say it, but work frontline at any Arby's and one of the "small" things is that if someone slips and falls, never apologized or in any way admit fault. It can be turned into a lawsuit.

Top Bottom