VigLink

VigLink 1.1.3

No permission to download
@Nirjonadda

Left Add-on enabled and did the following as suggested by Brian above...

K, good to hear. Thanks for letting us know. I will dig into it. For now you guys could disable the post_macro template modification for VigLink, since @Paul you didn't have any selected anyway. @Sportsoutlaw if you don't either for the Disable VigLink option, I would suggest the same. Just hit the toggle next to it. I'll look into what's going on here more in depth.

View attachment 179641

Maybe a silly question Brian - If the Addon works fine with the post_macro file disabled (i say "works fine" - the checker on the viglink site shows success), Why is it needed?? (Saying that, am only seeming to be seeing less than 50% of the clicks i usually get)....

Others using the same template??....
[AL] Original Poster Highlight
UI(x) Theme

@Sportsoutlaw have you either of these in use too??

Cheers
Paul

So the port_macro template modification is for those who want to disable VigLink for a certain user_group's posts. Say if you have a sponsor user_group and you don't want to affiliate your links, that's where you mark user groups in the disable option and that's when the post_macro comes in to play.

I will look into those add-ons and see if there is a conflict somewhere. I put some more conditions into place in the latest release that hopefully help safeguard against the issue you were having. Not sure if you tried re-enabling that modification.

@Paul Lastly, I will check the issue where you are seeing 50% less clicks. Have they gone back up at all, or are they still down

Last edited:
Done this lots of time but no luck. Issues are still same.

Xenforo seems to cache the templates heavily. So sometimes it can take some time. And also if you don't have Unregistered as a user_group that VigLink is enabled for then it will not show up for the install checker.

@Brian Lovett One more issue, Style are broken after installed this add-on.

View attachment 179757

Also Server error log:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Array to string conversion src/XF/Repository/TemplateModification.php:118

Generated by: Nirjonmela Jul 13, 2018 at 7:02 PM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Arra...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 118, Array)
#1 src/XF/Repository/TemplateModification.php(118): preg_replace_callback('/<div class="me...', Array, '<xf:macro name=...')
#2 src/XF/Repository/TemplateModification.php(53): XF\Repository\TemplateModification->applyTemplateModifications('<xf:macro name=...', Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/Entity/Template.php(185): XF\Repository\TemplateModification->applyModificationsToTemplate('public', 'post_macros', '<xf:macro name=...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Entity/Template.php(121): XF\Entity\Template->validateTemplateText('<xf:macro name=...', false, NULL, NULL)
#5 src/XF/Entity/TemplateModification.php(102): XF\Entity\Template->reparseTemplate()
#6 src/XF/Entity/TemplateModification.php(157): XF\Entity\TemplateModification->reparseTemplate(Object(DBTech\Security\XF\Entity\Template))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1145): XF\Entity\TemplateModification->_postSave()
#8 src/XF/AddOn/DataType/TemplateModification.php(78): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#9 src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php(108): XF\AddOn\DataType\TemplateModification->importAddOnData('VigLink/VigLink', Object(SimpleXMLElement), 0, 7.9999971389771)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\AddOnData->run(7.9999971389771)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999971389771)
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(103): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999971389771)
#13 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(120): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 8)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'tools', Object(ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#17 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#18 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#19 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#20 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["referrer"] => string(46) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(123) "/admin.php?add-ons/VigLink-VigLink/finalize&t=1531486946%2C824b30f64d229ab65841b8d46c0b4487&a=install"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["only_ids"] => string(4) "3915"
  }
}

I will look into this issue, I'm going to private message you to get a few more details if I could from you. Thanks.

Xenforo seems to cache the templates heavily. So sometimes it can take some time. And also if you don't have Unregistered as a user_group that VigLink is enabled for then it will not show up for the install checker.

What option? All are set from default installation.

ScreenShot00081.webp

I will look into this issue, I'm going to private message you to get a few more details if I could from you. Thanks.

This error happen from enable/disable port_macro template modification. Also disabling port_macro template modification are fix broken style in thread view.

K, good to hear. Thanks for letting us know. I will dig into it. For now you guys could disable the post_macro template modification for VigLink, since @Paul you didn't have any selected anyway. @Sportsoutlaw if you don't either for the Disable VigLink option, I would suggest the same. Just hit the toggle next to it. I'll look into what's going on here more in depth.

View attachment 179641

All seems well after the most recent update. Thanks!

Brian - as soon as i re-enable post_macro i get the following.....

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Array to string conversion
  • src/XF/Repository/TemplateModification.php:118
  • Generated by: Paul
  • Jul 17, 2018 at 4:55 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Arra...', '/home/pinball/p...', 118, Array)
#1 src/XF/Repository/TemplateModification.php(118): preg_replace_callback('/<div class="me...', Array, '<xf:macro name=...')
#2 src/XF/Repository/TemplateModification.php(53): XF\Repository\TemplateModification->applyTemplateModifications('<xf:macro name=...', Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/Entity/Template.php(185): XF\Repository\TemplateModification->applyModificationsToTemplate('public', 'post_macros', '<xf:macro name=...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Entity/Template.php(121): XF\Entity\Template->validateTemplateText('<xf:macro name=...', false, NULL, NULL)
#5 src/XF/Entity/TemplateModification.php(102): XF\Entity\Template->reparseTemplate()
#6 src/XF/Entity/TemplateModification.php(153): XF\Entity\TemplateModification->reparseTemplate()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1145): XF\Entity\TemplateModification->_postSave()
#8 src/XF/ControllerPlugin/Toggle.php(43): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#9 src/XF/ControllerPlugin/Toggle.php(11): XF\ControllerPlugin\Toggle->toggle('XF:TemplateModi...', 'enabled', Array)
#10 src/XF/Admin/Controller/TemplateModification.php(125): XF\ControllerPlugin\Toggle->actionToggle('XF:TemplateModi...', 'enabled')
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Admin\Controller\TemplateModification->actionToggle(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:TemplateModi...', 'Toggle', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'templateModific...', Object(XF\Admin\Controller\TemplateModification), NULL)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#14 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#16 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#17 {main}

@Paul @Nirjonadda This should fix the issue you both were having. I'm not sure how the cache works on an add-on update, but if you are still seeing issues, try going to template_modifications, and click the post_macros under VigLink and click save to refresh the template cache.

Let me know if this clears up the remaining issues. Thanks!

I have still error: No instance of the VigLink code was found on your page.

One more bug, selecting link will automatically open on edit post. Also why link are not open in new tab, not current tab?

Disregard the Install Checker error, that's something different. It is installed on your forum. I'm still looking into that, the update was for the error that was showing up and the breaking of the template.

One more bug, selecting link will automatically open on edit post
What do you mean?

Also why link are not open in new tab, not current tab?
This is done in the settings for your site at VigLink, http://publishers.viglink.com/publisher/settings/action/sites

1531854121834.webp

Top Bottom