• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Viglink Addon- Earn income from user posted links

This doesn't seem to work for me.

I put in the API key(taken from the code)

Then I put in the whole javascript code where it goes. When I click save, it saved, no error. However when I check with VigLink to see it was installed successfully, it says not detected. I ended up putting it in my template. However i'd rather have it working in this mod so that it works on all styles.
Checked with viglink on my test site it worked ok. Did you check to see if the viglink code was inserted at all under view source? And are you using a different template other than the default.

yes, I use a custom style. Several actually, across multiple boards...

I assume this mod only works for the default?

Yes it is seemless users do not see any ads and does not slow down the site at all.
The users don't see anything different but this would slow down the site some since you'll adding a script to be called.
Not that it would be noticeable to some, but this would slow the site down a little over a site without the script.

What are the advantages of this over just adding the script tag in the footer template?

To be honest, I've never noticed a slow down, their CDN is pretty effective.

I don't know if a Mod is really required for this, I just added the code into the template (albeit in VB) - I guess it saves having to repeat it each time the templates get reverted with an upgrade.

Top Bottom