1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Viewing unknown page?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Floren, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

I notice certain users are displaying this message, no matter what forum page they visit?
    Any idea why, what would be the fix for that? I see the message next to user, while viewing the /online location. Thanks.

2. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

Normally that would be caused by an addon that isn't doing at least a bassic Session Activity declaration:
    If you actually know where they are viewing and its saying its a forum node then that is weird. You can look at the session activity table and get the controller as well as the content id for what someone is viewing.

3. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Thanks @rainmotorsports, I don't have any addons installed beside Resources.

4. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

A definite issue then.

5. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Showing this on my /online page:
    @RoldanLT
    Viewing unknown page, 4 minutes ago

It is always showing this for him and another user.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There's a chrome extension that I believe can cause this. I'm almost certain Roldan uses it.

Daniel Hood likes this.
  7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Daniel Hood likes this.
  8. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

It's due to the server configuration rejecting my "X_REQUEST_WITH" header that the extension sends.

9. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Hi @Daniel Hood, thanks for letting me know. I just looked at the server logs, the site is getting pinged every few minutes with those requests. Honestly, I find this intrusive and I'm currently blocking them with a 403 on my forums. Further, I don't allow headers with underscores because the security problems it might create and it's indistinguishable from "-" in CGI-like headers representation. jQuery already uses the proper syntax: X-Requested-With.
    Code:
    # find /var/www/html -type f -exec grep --color -i X_REQUESTED_WITH {} +
    # find /var/www/html -type f -exec grep --color -i X-REQUESTED-WITH {} +

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  10. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

X-Requested-With is what I meant actually. Sorry. And yes it checks for alerts/messages every few minutes.