Viewing support tickets when license expires

Aureus

Hey

Quick and simple

Xenforo should allow users to view support tickets when there license expires. - not comment, not reply, not create. Only view.

This would help some people if they have some information on there like how to fix x or how to add x.

Yes, but John would not raise a ticket asking how to change something or cistomise. I always thought tickets are for troubleshooting problems and issues, not how to change something.

If I was John and neeed to keep raising tickets for asking how to change things, I would not expect those tickets to be available after I stopped paying for support.

Yes, but John would not raise a ticket asking how to change something or cistomise. I always thought tickets are for troubleshooting problems and issues, not how to change something.

If I was John and neeed to keep raising tickets for asking how to change things, I would not expect those tickets to be available after I stopped paying for support.
While I don't disagree with you per se, I also agree with the OP in that I don't see any harm in having read-only access to support tickets. The OP explicitly stated the customer could not interact with the tickets in any way, and I'm not sure if anyone would actually pay for ticket support again just to access an old ticket.

Considering the fact that the XF team is very responsive even here on the forums, someone who wanted to read an old ticket for whatever reason would just ask the question here to either get the same reply, rather than paying again to ask it again in a ticket (unless it was super-double-triple-WTF-critical, in which case it'd be an annoyance in the customer's mind to have to pay just to read the answer again).

Just my 2p :)

Fillip

I always thought tickets are for troubleshooting problems and issues, not how to change something.
Tickets are for any form of support at all.

Every ticket has an email sent for each response.
Within that email is a publicly accessible URL to the ticket, so they are always visible that way (as well as in email history).

Some ticket systems respond via email as wella s ticket, maybe that would be a good way to go. So you can get everything on email anyway to archive.

EDIT: OK, so emails already happen, there is the archive.

Top Bottom