Viewing StopForumSpam Data After Cleaning a User

Steve Freides

I've been using StopForumSpam and flagging as spam everything it finds and puts in my approval queue.

Today, I received a Contact form as me to give a spammed-cleaned user a second chance. This is someone who shows up in my moderator log and spam cleaner log, but nowhere can I find the data, e.g., how many IP hits and email hits SFS found.

Is there any way to retrieve this information, and/or a manual way to run SFS and feed it the IP and email, because I have those, and have it report to me on what it finds now?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

-S-

Can you or anyone confirm that I can not find this data in the ACP?

The SFS site requires me to create a user account, etc. - would rather not do that if the info is in XF somewhere.

-S-

I would have mentioned that in my original response if it was available in the ACP.

It's easy and painless to create a StopForumSpam account and they do not spam their registered members - after all, they are an antispam site so spamming their users would be a death knell to their site when you think about it.

Go to https://www.stopforumspam.com/ to register.

Once you are register and logged in, you can see and optionally remove any users you've added by going to the MySpammers page and from there you can just scan the list and check off the ones you want removed:

sfs-myspammers.webp

I believe you can also use the removal requests to remove users not added by you or one of your sites:

sfs-removal-request.webp

And finally, if you run multiple sites (e.g., Xenforo, vBulletin, WordPress, or whatever) you can set all of them up on the single account. SFS just adds a site ID that you use to differentiate one site from another, again making it easier to search their database.

It seems to me this would be a useful feature to have. Is this an available add-on? Would it make a reasonable enhancement request?

-S-

It's easy and painless to create a StopForumSpam account and they do not spam their registered members - after all, they are an antispam site so spamming their users would be a death knell to their site when you think about it.

That isn't my concern. I'm a big believer in not throwing data away, and this is data I have on my screen in the approval queue that I then can no longer see.

Once you are register and logged in, you can see and optionally remove any users you've added by going to the MySpammers page and from there you can just scan the list and check off the ones you want removed:
Forgive me but it sounds like more work for me and I'm overworked already. :) Although I agree it would be nice if I added users to the SFS database, what I'd like is an option to automatically add users to that database from my own forum's moderation queue or ACP if it would help others. (And, as mentioned above, the ability to not throw away the reasons why I spam-cleaned a registrant.)

Thanks very much.

-S-

Forgive me but it sounds like more work for me and I'm overworked already. :) Although I agree it would be nice if I added users to the SFS database, what I'd like is an option to automatically add users to that database from my own forum's moderation queue or ACP if it would help others. (And, as mentioned above, the ability to not throw away the reasons why I spam-cleaned a registrant.)
That's exactly how Xenforo works if you set up a StopForumSpam account and configure Xenforo to use the API. When yopu do a spam clean, the details are automatically submitted to SFS. No manual action required.

I thought you were asking how to remove someone from the SFS database. That's what I addressed above.

Top Bottom