XF 1.5 Viewing Own Threads ONLY

Nentify

Hey,

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this isn't possible but I'm looking to create a forum where my default member group can post threads but are only able to view threads they've posted - not any others in that forum.

IzOSn7AM.png

These are my permissions for the node in question, and analysing simply tells me that they can view thread content but not threads by others.

Thanks in advance.

All you need to do is revoke the 'View threads by others' permission for the Registered user group, assuming you have your permissions set up as detailed here - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/.

If it doesn't work then you have a permissions conflict.
Thanks I figured it out - seems like an issue with the "Test Permissions" feature as when I'm doing that to see if regular users can see their own thread it does not show. I tried it with a test account logged in properly and it works fine.

Hi @Brogan

I know this is a necrobump but this issues perfectly fits to the problem I want to describe. My problem is, even with revoked 'view threads by others' the thread titles do show up in the 'recent post' sidebar. When following the link users get a permission issue warning. So they can't actually see the threads but they are able to see the titles and that already is annoying. Is it related to me using an outdated xf version? Like is that specific problem a known bug in xf 1.3.x? (the xf version I am running on)

Best regards,
tobi

EDIT: Just realized "Recent Posts" is actually a 3rd party addon. So I presume this is a bug I need to report to AnyB.

Last edited:
Top Bottom