XF 1.1 View x amount of threads/posts

Dav

Hi, Is there a way to just allow visitors to view x amount of threads/posts before they have to sign up to read more and get full access?

Also how would this affect SEO? Would the spiders still be able to fully index my forum?

Hi, Is there a way to just allow visitors to view x amount of threads/posts before they have to sign up to read more and get full access?

No, there is no way to do that with the core software. You'd have to get an addon created to do this.

Also how would this affect SEO? Would the spiders still be able to fully index my forum?

As guests and search engine crawlers belong to the same usergroup (unregistered), yes, this would affect the abilities of the crawlers to index your site.

Reactions: Dav
No, there is no way to do that with the core software. You'd have to get an addon created to do this.

As guests and search engine crawlers belong to the same usergroup (unregistered), yes, this would affect the abilities of the crawlers to index your site.

Thank you for the quick reply. Maybe i should post something in suggestions for the core.

Top Bottom