View which QnA were used (registration)

Russ

Not sure if this has been suggested I searched with no luck.

Our spam bot activity has recently increased while having 2 spam services + question and answers defined.

Now before anyone says.... "just change your questions", true however we run about 5 random questions. Rather than ditching the entire bunch it would be nice to know if only say one or two is compromised/letting bots through.

My proposal is to simply have a log of maybe even recently banned folks/spammers what not to show which question they used.

If this is somehow already possible and I'm missing it well then... :rolleyes:

Upvote 7
Slightly off topic but the best CAPTCHA implementation I've seen in terms of effectiveness and reporting is CustomImgCaptcha by @tenants

For each image captcha it tells you how many times it has been served, guess correctly etc.

Slightly off topic but the best CAPTCHA implementation I've seen in terms of effectiveness and reporting is CustomImgCaptcha by @tenants

For each image captcha it tells you how many times it has been served, guess correctly etc.

Thanks for that Chris good to know, we'll check it out. I've seen his plugins and heard good things just never needed extra prevention up until recently it seems.

I just have a single question.
Whenever the various databases/programs are updated with the answer I change the question.
It has proven to be just as effective an approach as having multiple, randomly served questions.

I just have a single question.
Whenever the various databases/programs are updated with the answer I change the question.
It has proven to be just as effective an approach as having multiple, randomly served questions.

We ran with one question on our previous site which was specific to the niche and it worked great for a year and a half, not a single spam bot. On this new site we opted for multiple questions which worked well for a year without automated spammers, may go back to the single, looking at other options(user promotions/plugins ect).

Never-the-less I still stand by the suggestion since XenForo allows multiple QnA.

Yep.. on a scale of 1-10 I have to give it a 15. :p

My proposal is to simply have a log of maybe even recently banned folks/spammers what not to show which question they used.
Agreed. Suggesting that i) Q&A during user registration is recorded in the user change log, similiar to accepted privacy|terms/rules, and ii) that the users Q&A is displayed during spam cleaner process so that you can see what Q&A a spammer 'bypassed'. This will enable an admin to see what Q&A a spammer was able to get around, and remove or make changes to that Q&A.

Top Bottom