XF 1.5 "View This Thread" - Wrong Link, Adds "Forums"

TheLaw

I've noticed some of you had this before but no solutions and I can't find an addon that was the cause. When you see the "View This Thread" link in the user email for notifications, it contains the wrong link to the f

mysite.com/forums/threads/blah-blah-blah.61863/#post-223694

Remove the "forums" and then it works just fine. I remember seeing this happen on my test site too (and I could also have some help finding the email templates like the button that says "view this thread" which doesn't seem to be coming up using the phrase.)

Thanks Liam - yes, the board URL is correct or the board wouldn't work. :) Just removed the index page route, put in a home page URL, removed it, all of them still add this mysterious "forums/" to the URL generated in the email notification.

I'm not sure what that URL is supposed to be now - it's supposed to be the URL to the forum not the installation. if I don't set that as the proper board installation, how will XF know that my forums are supposed to be at /forums/ for the forumhome?

OK... now I think I see the problem. The "index page route" is what you want to change the forum index page to - I think that if you use Brogan's CTA you need to change the Route to the CTA so that this is used for the home page for the forum no?

I'm not sure what that URL is supposed to be now - it's supposed to be the URL to the forum not the installation. if I don't set that as the proper board installation, how will XF know that my forums are supposed to be at /forums/ for the forumhome?

It's the root URL XenForo is installed at (IE where the index.php file is).

The index page route option configures what appears on that URL.

If you set the index page route to forums, then the forums will be the homepage.

For example, on XF Liam:

Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 03.58.29.webp
Which makes the featured threads portal the home page :)

Liam

OK... but where is setting that sets the forum home URL as /forums/ on your site if XF is installed in the root? In other words, if XF is in the root, how does it "know" to put your forum_list at /forums/ and not somewhere else?

What do you mean?
I think I need some sleep...
Liam
Yeah man, it is late by you! LOL!! :)

Meaning you install XF in /public_html/ but you want the forum home to appear at /forums/ and not anywhere else like yoursite.com or yoursite.com/blahblah/ . That Board URL is where you want the forum home to appear, at least that's what I thought. So if you set it to mysite.com/forums then you'll have the forum appear at mysite.com/forums/ . If I set up the index page route, which is the index page for the install directory, I can use CTA for that so that mysite.com/ uses the CTA to render that page. If I change the "Board URL" to the same as "mysite.com" then the board URL and the CTA would be one and the same. The Home Page URL is what you'd enter if you wanted a URL to appear in your nav that is different and external to the XF system.

That's what will happen :)

The forums route is special - it's set to the home route by default, but if that is changed then the forums route starts working.

So, set board url to mysite.com

Set index page route to threads/featured

mysite.com/forums now points to forums
mysite.com points to CTA

This is exactly how I have it setup on XF Liam :)

Liam

OK... I'm a bit confused. So I'm assuming there is a route that /forums/ will automatically generate the list_forums / forum home page is what you're telling me. I am assuming this is correct as I've just tested it and explains the extra "forums" link in the emails.

Top Bottom