View Map

View Map 1.9

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

View Map - Creates a link called View Map for use in messages.

Description:

Creates a link called View Map for use in messages. Clicking the View Map links will show a Google map with a marker to a specific location.

Live Example:

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/2143/

(Example of View Map link)

View attachment 71799
(Example of View Map page)

View attachment 71800
(Example of link in visitor tab)

View attachment 71801

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 71802
Features:
  1. ...

Read more about this resource...

Would this work with Resources Manager? Can I create a field and add the code for the map there?

Is there any way you can add the ability to use an address and city, state, country and it shows the map for it? I'm afraid some of my users aren't technical enough to know what coords are or how to use them.

Hey AndyB,
What does this mean? "Added more variables to make configuration easier." I couldn't find a difference. Works great by the way, thanks!

Add-on installed and works great, but just one question: Is there an easy way to make the View Map LINK in the Visitors Tab, open in a new Tab/Window?

I'm going to have to write-up some instructions for our users and I think it'll be a bit easier for them to grasp if the default-location view on Google Maps open in a seperate Tab/Window.

EDIT:
AndyB suggested "Why not just add a Help link. So when they click the View Map link, the bread crumb on top will have a Help link top right of the screen." Great idea, so I'm off to read about Help Links now via @James [How-To] Create New Help Menus Development Tutorial.

Last edited:
Top Bottom