1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

View list of members in a usergroup

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by JayX, Aug 6, 2013.

1. JayX

JayX Active Member

I think it would be good if members were able to view a list of the people who are in a certain usergroup. Whilst currently admins can generate a list of users in a group from the admin panel, I think allowing members to easily view who is in what group could prove quite a useful feature for many xenForo communities who have more than just the standard groups.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    Gladius, Mag07, JJJ and 14 others like this.
  2. jdeg

jdeg Active Member

I would also like to see this. It's very hard to tell who is in what usergroup.
  3. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to list specific usergroup members via an additional tab on the members list (premium, etc.)
  4. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

need this too...:)
  5. JayX

JayX Active Member

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, exactly.
  6. Main Company

Main Company Active Member

yup, me too!
  7. Connor Smith

Connor Smith Active Member

Yea, i like this!
  8. PrettyPixels

PrettyPixels Active Member

9. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

If I understand what you are asking, this add-on https://xenforo.com/community/resources/icewind-staff.3629/ can be set up to do what you ask quite easily. Although it was intended for staff groups, it can be used for any user groups. It works with XF 1.4 only, but I'll make it backward compatible if there is enough interest.
  10. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Nah, more addon suited imho. Admins generating a list, I'd agree with that but it already exists. Users don't really need this.
  11. Goodfella

Goodfella Active Member

Would love to see this!
  12. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

This is not what the add-on does. It does what the OP is suggesting. All the Admin needs to do is create a new tab, call it for example, User Groups, and then select all the usergroups he/she wants visitors to be able to view, and save. Members can then view a list of who is in each user group from the navigation bar or members tab.