XF 2.0 View Deleted Posts by User

Harpers Tate

In the AdminCP on a User Profile, there isa link to view (soft) deleted posts by user. (I'm not sure if this is core, or part of an add-on - forgive me)
In the front end we have a similar link that shows the same results (again - may be a add-on)
Either way I guess they source the data from the same place.

My issue is, these results include only secondary+ posts which have been deleted from within threads.
They do not include either
  • deleted posts by this user that were the first post in a thread (therefore, the thread was deleted along with the post) nor
  • posts by this user that were contained in threads originated by others, where the thread was deleted taking all the replies with it

And as far as I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong) we don't have a single point of enquiry that will show these OTHER soft deletions - "Posts by this member that were deleted because the thread containing them was deleted"

Am I missing something obvious or am I right in concluding that - from an informational point of view, and disregarding anything "technical" - view deleted posts by this user is therefore an incomplete list and that there is no easy way to search for the exclusions?

As an Admin, I used to be able to see member's deleted posts (XF 1.x). This was useful especially in the case of trolls trying to hide their behavior. Did this change in XF 2.0? Can someone direct me to where in the settings this can be remedied?

That is a stock xenforo feature, ie to see deleted placeholders (with the view deleted posts permissions). Did you mean a search to find all deleted posts by a user or something?

That is a stock xenforo feature, ie to see deleted placeholders (with the view deleted posts permissions). Did you mean a search to find all deleted posts by a user or something?
I don't mean a search, I just mean I want to see the "show" link when posts have been deleted, to review them when necessary. I think something has changed in my admin settings.

Top Bottom