View content permission on single thread

El Porcharo

I'm willing to open a few threads that I only want to be visible to registered members within a node that is read-only for guest (they can read threads content).

I've been searching around the forum threads and within the add-ons forum without success, does anyone know if there is any add-on that allow this?
I remember @Kier answering my question during one of the XenForo Insights few months ago, saying that it is something very easy to code, eventually.

Any help?

but there are more ways to do; like you decide who can read your thread (maybe one from truolong, maybe one from ozzy, maybe a third;)
I remember that I was not happy about too many queries with at least one of them.

Well... see through the description of that add-on, where it comes from 😁

Anyway I'm curious to know what other ways you are mentioning. Do you mind explaining?

change template and ask: if thread_id = 2 or 112 and $visitor==reg, then show
=> when you have one or two threads like this

-

change template and ask: if thread.prefix_id = 123 and $visitor==reg, then show
=> use a prefix to mark threads as special

-

Add an option with thread_ids;
change template and ask: if thread_id in array of options and $visitor==reg, then show
=> use options to mark some threads as special

-

Add a new field to thread with 0/1
change template and ask: if thread.new_field and $visitor==reg, then show
=> use field to mark many threads as special

-

Add a new field to forum with 0/1
change template and ask: if thread.forum.new_field and $visitor==reg, then show
=> use field to mark all threads in node as special

Special thread visible for reg (not visible for guests), sticky
Normal threads for all

Used to give infos to users for example.

Special thread visible for reg (not visible for guests), sticky
Normal threads for all

Used to give infos to users for example.
And how do you achieve that without an addon? I usually apply the restriction to normal threads, not necessarily sticky threads. :)

Can you explain this better? What do you mean open, and to whom?

I mean standard threads among others on a specific forum node.
On my board all threads in the main node are publicly visible to unregistered users, but some times there are some of it that I set visible to register users only, so if you are not logged in, you don't even see it in the threads list.

You could create a search forum and pull in these threads with mixed permissions and set the search node for all to see, but of course, the permissions would be honored at the source node level.

Top Bottom