Implemented  'View all' (likes) can be positioned better

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This might even be better

Personal preference has not much to do with good interface design, IMHO. But maybe there's a technical reason why it is the way it is now.

To think further on this: there isn't even the need for this 'View all'-link. Why just not make a link out of 'and 15 others like this'? First: it is obvious for everyone that clicking this link brings you to the overview of all people. Second: the benefit is that you can make the interface more uncluttered/less confusing by dishing the link 'View all' (especially where it now in the right corner, out of context with the Like-elements and cluttering the other 3 - 4 links above it) altogether. Really, we do not need this extra link on the UI, IMHO.

Redundant UI link/functionality

To think further on this: there isn't even the need for this 'View all'-link. Why just not make a link out of 'and 15 others like this'? First: it is obvious for everyone that clicking this link brings you to the overview of all people. Second: the benefit is that you can make the interface more uncluttered/less confusing by dishing the link 'View all' (especially where it now in the right corner, out of context with the Like-elements and cluttering the other 3 - 4 links above it) altogether. Really, we do not need this extra link on the UI, IMHO.

Well, it turns out it already works this way, I just discovered. Just see this posting for an example: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ng-quick-reply.1510/ ... when you click on the 'x others like this', it brings you to the exact same popup overview as when you click 'View All'. If there is no logical or technical reason for this, then I would propose to get rid of this 'View All' link...

I'd also get rid of the View All link.

I'd put 'Like' where 'View All' is standing now. So there only remains 'Report' & 'Reply' next to eachother.

I'd also get rid of the View All link.

I'd put 'Like' where 'View All' is standing now. So there only remains 'Report' & 'Reply' next to eachother.

I think that view all is obsolete there, but I understand the user-experience reason behind it.

That said, I wouldn't want to break the report/reply line up by having like move to a new spot, just because the situation is different. Users will overlook it, as they're expecting it to be at a certain spot. And think they can't; and not like the post.

Well, it turns out it already works this way, I just discovered. Just see this posting for an example: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ng-quick-reply.1510/ ... when you click on the 'x others like this', it brings you to the exact same popup overview as when you click 'View All'. If there is no logical or technical reason for this, then I would propose to get rid of this 'View All' link...

It has been done! Great... (it was nothing essential obviously, but thanks!).

Cleaned up UI

Another reason why I like it that this 'View All' link is dished is:

Is it really that important (on a day to day basis I mean) to see a complete overview of which persons liked a particular thread? I almost never clicked on the View All link at all. So, I wondered why it had to have such a prominent place really. As said: for people who do find it interesting (and obviously it is useful sometimes yes) such an overview, there already was access to this overview by clicking 'x others like this'.

I like how clean the UI has become in the right corner of the postings: see this screenshot where you see the old design with 4 links 'Report' 'Like' 'Reply' and 'View All' crammed together. Now there's only 'Like' 'Reply' left. Splendid :cool:.

Top Bottom