Video Tutorial On The Installation Process

Jericho M

Hi XenForo,

We know that your software is really awesome. But you know what, It is very hard for a none techy guy like me to follow the installation process. I don't even know what CHMOD 0777 is or even how to set it up.

I purchased XenForo license last December but until now my dream forum is not yet visible on the web because I am having a hard time configuring it to web hosting.

Maybe for some this is not an issue but like I said, It is also better to value the none techy customers.

I believe if there is a video tutorials on every installation steps. This would be more easier to everyone as in everyone.

Jericho

Would be hard to do a installation video on showing how to CHMOD file/folder as all FTP programs differ. As @Brogan stated there is an official installation service offered as well as unofficial ones some even being free.

Hi XenForo,

We know that your software is really awesome. But you know what, It is very hard for a none techy guy like me to follow the installation process. I don't even know what CHMOD 0777 is or even how to set it up.
Everyone uses different FTP software, so it's tricky to create one video. I use FileZilla which is a free FTP program and easy to use.

The trickiest part of setup is probably creating the MySQL database and getting those details put in, and that varies dramatically depending on whether your webhost uses cPanel, Plesk, or some other control panel.

I offer an installation service if you need some guidance. Have a look at the thread linked in my signature, or feel free to contact me via Private Message.

Top Bottom