Very large Moderation Queue

rbecking

Been setting up xenforo last couple of days, imported from vbulletin. Suddenly just noticed it says 3900 next to moderation queue when I click it most of the time browser crashes but occasionally can get in there and it seems to be private messages/conversations starting from 2001 wanting approval, can't do anything though as browser freezes, what have I done wrong?

Been setting up xenforo last couple of days, imported from vbulletin. Suddenly just noticed it says 3900 next to moderation queue when I click it most of the time browser crashes but occasionally can get in there and it seems to be private messages/conversations starting from 2001 wanting approval, can't do anything though as browser freezes, what have I done wrong?

Probably they have been in the moderation queeue at your previous forum. You can mass delete them with a query if you would like.

From what forum did you convert to xenforo btw?

The queries got rid of the queue, thanks. But how did this happen? I imported from vb 24 hours ago and that queue definatly wasn't there till I was messin around today. I had been adjusting user group permissions could that have done it?

The queries got rid of the queue, thanks. But how did this happen? I imported from vb 24 hours ago and that queue definatly wasn't there till I was messin around today. I had been adjusting user group permissions could that have done it?

They were probably moderated in vB. Moderated posts aren't very obvious, especially in older versions of vB. And going back to vB2 there was actually a system in place where poll threads would be temporarily moderated while the user created the poll, and if you didn't finish creating the poll then the thread would just sit in moderation. This changed in vB3 but the queue was still sort of hidden so it was easy to let moderated posts accumulate.

Also, the red number in the top bar is cached. Maybe the cache failed to update until you did something specific that caused it to update.

Top Bottom