VelocityIO users

viper357

Hi all

Do many of you use VelocityIO for your forums? Can I hear your experiences with them please?

I currently have a small forum hosted with them with no issues but I am about to transfer my much larger forum to them but their lack of response to answering tickets is a huge concern for me, a couple of times I've had to bump tickets to try and get them answered, my current ticket asking about transferring to them remains unanswered, also their promise of having R1soft hourly backups but it hasn't worked since I've been with them and it is no longer available in cpanel? I don't know if I should look elsewhere or not? He seems like a really cool and knowledgeable guy, but the lack of support is a major concern.

Thanks.

Do you know how many people work at VelocityIO? If it is just 1 person then that would be a personal concern of mine but if there are others, maybe the ticket was escalated higher up given this is a much larger forum coming in?

Can't comment on their backup setup. How long has R1Soft not been available? If very recently, they might simply be replacing it given the fact you said it hasn't worked since the beginning. Do you see any other backup solutions in cPanel such as JetBackups?

I have been trying to reach velocityio for the past week regarding getting double billed and also a support ticket,. but noone replies. I am getting worried. My forum is hosted there and I cant reach anyone.

Ensure you have a current site backup, if in doubt. Honestly... there is just no reason nowadays not to run your own site on your own VPS. $5 a month will handle several thousand daily users, depending on what add-ons you have installed.

Ensure you have a current site backup, if in doubt. Honestly... there is just no reason nowadays not to run your own site on your own VPS. $5 a month will handle several thousand daily users, depending on what add-ons you have installed.
Agreed on the backup routine.. but disagree on the VPS. Not everyone is suited to administer a server. Many lack the knowledge of administrative processes and they either don't have the time to learn, don't want to learn or even in the case of some cannot learn how to do so. Now you are in a managed VPS requirement and I guarantee you the prices for that exceed $5 a month.
There is a place for quality shared hosting providers... some of which can even be configured for heavy duty hosting (very limited as the number of shared accounts on a server).

Top Bottom