vBulletin vs xenForo

Ya know, that's funny, because if you listen carefully to the video - you hear the SAME exact thing.

Yeap. This is the reason why I am reluctant on moving http://boards.carlosx360.me to vb4 suite at this time.

Sorry buddy. I didn't watch the video haha. I believe you and will take your word for it. I know what you mean so I don't need a video to prove it. Most people know the problem, it's just that either the IB staff doesn't care and some members pretend it's not a big thing.

So nice work making a video for them. But it's sad you had to do that, and that they just won't listen for themselves.

I think "maybe" in the future vB4 will be faster and load as fast as vB3 or faster. But not for awhile I can say that for sure. They still need to fix their bugs.

Great thing about XF is the fact it loads so fast, and there is no lag. I don't know, but it has this smooth feel to it. Like it's a calm working forum. vB4 gives me this angered forum that is loading, but doesn't really want to load but has too.

I know it sounds weird but you get vibes from forum software too :D

I don't think staff don't care... because I have had nothing but friendly and professional from them. Upper management is different... staff are just employee's and do as they're told... anyone in a management position may have something to answer for.

I also agree that the product will one day be fast again... but from what I've seen with the releases so far, I think 4.0.9 now, that's not on the cards. With 4.x only being a partial rewrite to 5.x, that means I don't see any of the performance issues really being fixed, because they're created at substantial core levels, primarily the CMS product. As they continue to refactor the existing 3.x forum code, its getting slower as well, as with the blog. This says they don't have the experience needed to possibly produce what is needed to compete at this time, and/or, the code is merely so outdated they needed to start from the ground up using newer technologies.

VB is not going anywhere any time soon... its too big for that.

XF, IMHO... will become the new VB in the future provided XF always maintain that level of customer openness, communication and quality product build, and doesn't get to where VB got... being the rebuild kept being put off and management chose to refactor vs. rebuild, or other silly decisions. All XF have to do is keep building a quality product/s and remain customer focused and integrate with customers on the forum, and they should do well. That is a good portion of VB's own undoing IMHO... they lost touch with their customer base.

I've always considered the Invision skinning engine superior to the vBulletin one, and since Xen is a step up from Invision well ....

Am wryly amused by the vB fanbois, and that goes for posters on TAZ as well. Such inability to take the blinkers off and see the benefits of other products, naive in the extreme but you have to applaud dedication to a product.

Strangely company sites where members support the company product ... who would have thunked it ;)

Top Bottom