1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vBulletin to Xenforo; Why does the attachments don't appear in post?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by gldtn, Feb 23, 2011.

1. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

Guys,

I've been trying to figure out why the attachments thumbnails don't appear in posts as it should after the import?

It point to the right attachment:
    Code:
    [ATTACH]9692[/ATTACH]
    But the post shows:
    Code:
    View attachment 9692
    Instead of the thumbnail, I even went to the attachments folder and when I found the 9692 it was the exact thumbnail picture.

Is it possible to fix this using the Post Content Find / Replace tool made by Kier? I just don't understand as why it's not showing if it point to the right attachment.

Sorry, this was already answered, but I searched for a few keywords on this and did not find anything related in the forum.

Thanks!

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's likely not the right attachment - the IDs have changed and we don't edit the content of the post to do that update, so it's probably not referring to the correct attachment.

3. high1976

high1976 Active Member

4. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

Hmm.. interesting, so in order to fix this we would need some sort of script like the showthread.php redirection you made?

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not quite. This is a problem with the data following the import (albeit an expected one). A fix would require an update to the importer.