vBulletin Style Smilies?

PumpinIron

One of the things my members keep asking me for is access to the similes they are used to using on all the vBulletin forums.

I'm sure most of you guys know what I'm talking about if you've been around internet forums for long enough.

I managed to find most of them here:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/forocoches-smilies-pack.4950/

The issue however is that these smilies aren't part of a sprite sheet, and therefore loading 1500+ smilies is creating a crap ton of HTTP requests, and thus taking forever to load all of the smilies (even on my dedicated server).

Now what I could do is build my own sprite sheet out of these, but that will take me weeks.

I wanted to ask to see if someone out there knows of a better solution? I browsed the smilies section in the resources part of this site, but couldn't find anything else. As my last resort, I just figured I would ask incase someone knows of something I don't.

Thanks in advance!

One of the things my members keep asking me for is access to the similes they are used to using on all the vBulletin forums.

I'm sure most of you guys know what I'm talking about if you've been around internet forums for long enough.

I managed to find most of them here:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/forocoches-smilies-pack.4950/

The issue however is that these smilies aren't part of a sprite sheet, and therefore loading 1500+ smilies is creating a crap ton of HTTP requests, and thus taking forever to load all of the smilies (even on my dedicated server).

Now what I could do is build my own sprite sheet out of these, but that will take me weeks.

I wanted to ask to see if someone out there knows of a better solution? I browsed the smilies section in the resources part of this site, but couldn't find anything else. As my last resort, I just figured I would ask incase someone knows of something I don't.

Thanks in advance!

They're .gif that the smilies you've linked to which will have different amount of frames that makes up each animation, so they won't be going on a spritesheet. Had the smilies been static images it'll take about an hour - hour and a half to add them and migrate them onto a spritesheet.

Top Bottom