vBulletin smilies to XML conversion script

vBulletin smilies to XML conversion script 1.0.0

No permission to download

Code Monkey

Code Monkey submitted a new resource:

vBulletin smilies to XML conversion script - Creates xml file from vb smilie database table to use with Smilie Importer by Waindigo.

This is a simple little script that will export a vBulletin smilie database table to an XML file compatible with Smilie Importer by Waindigo. You must have that add-on installed to use the output of this script.

Simply fill in the database information and upload to anywhere on your server that contains the vBulletin database. Run the script and it will create an XML file in the same directory. This file can then be used in Waindigo's import add-on. Make...

Read more about this resource...

I'm very pleased in seeing this released. Everything and anything that can make switching from vBulletin to XenForo easier, is always a good thing (and well welcomed).

Thank you for sharing this :)

Thanks for this script. Been trying to use it to move my smilies from vb4 to xf, but I'm obviously misunderstanding your intstructions. Kindly help.
Simply fill in the database information
That's my vb mysql db details, right?
and upload to anywhere on your server that contains the vBulletin database.
Can you clarify 'anywhere'? Do you mean within the VB directory? Within the xf directory? An example perhaps?
Run the script
By calling the file in a browser, right? The file is called "CM_vb4_to_xf_smilie_xml.php" - Does it need to be renamed? I get this error:

Warning: DOMDocument::save(vb4_to_xf_smilie.xml) [domdocument.save]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/CM_vb4_to_xf_smilie_xml.php on line 55

Does the above give you an idea how to help me?

Thanks a lot.

That's my vb mysql db details, right?

Yes that's right

Can you clarify 'anywhere'? Do you mean within the VB directory? Within the xf directory? An example perhaps?
By calling the file in a browser, right? The file is called "CM_vb4_to_xf_smilie_xml.php" - Does it need to be renamed? I get this error:

Warning: DOMDocument::save(vb4_to_xf_smilie.xml) [domdocument.save]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/CM_vb4_to_xf_smilie_xml.php on line 55

Put it in your vb directory that has the database you want to dump from. It needs to have permission to write that file. So make sure you put the file in a directory that's writable by the web-server.

Last edited:
I created a temp folder, made it writable, placed a recent vb mysql dump in it, along with Code Monkey's file (with the db details in it already filled) and called the file in a browser. It generated the XML file that I imported using "Smilie Importer by Waindigo" under debug mode (after I'd physically moved the smilies into the xf smilie folder.) It works fine. Thanks.

If the table is the same it should work. I have no way to test it. It simply makes an xml file so it's won't do any harm to give it a try.

With 3.8.x it does not work. It is the message:
The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file.
This is the content of the xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<smilies>
  <smilie>
    <title>Cray</title>
    <image_url>styles/default/xenforo/smilies/standart_smilies/cray.gif</image_url>
    <smilie_text>:cray:</smilie_text>
  </smilie>

I have registered as a path, is it right?:
Code:
// change vb path to xf path
$config['url_search'] = 'images/smilies/';
$config['url_replace'] = 'styles/default/xenforo/smilies/';

Last edited:
The error you reported has nothing to do with v b 3.8. It seems to have made the xml file just fine. What is reporting the xml error? Are you using @Waindigo's mod to import it?

Hello,

yes, I'm imporgting with Waindigo, but I don't get any XML error messsge except the one I already sent you. I'll upload the XML file do that you csn test it by yourself.

Attachments

Top Bottom