vBulletin pirate sites hit by hackers

Floren

There are several pirate sites illegally running on latest vBulletin 4 version who got recently hit and had their databases compromised. It is funny, when you think about it.

It should be a warning for those that want to run pirated software. It is impossible to know how the people "cracked" the software and thus they could have left a backdoor so that once enough people had installed it they could cause massive amounts of damage. Regardless of how it happened, pirating software is wrong but I take no satisfaction from another's misery, regardless of the circumstances.

Eh.....it's amusing.....not funny really. I smiled at the thought but it didn't cause any laughing...lets say that lol.

Pirated software could be looked at as a 'try before you buy' situation or because they just couldn't afford it at the time. In those cases, yes its still wrong but I understand. When it's an actual warez site that gets hacked because of it, that's karma as clickfinity so nicely put it. What goes around, comes around. When it comes back around its usually comes back three times as much. They should hope getting their site jacked up is the only thing that will happen.

I managed to read something about it and notice several cracking sites being hit and fighting with the hackers that did it through twitter. It was hilarious tbh.

Pirated software could be looked at as a 'try before you buy' situation or because they just couldn't afford it at the time. In those cases, yes its still wrong but I understand.

I agree for the most part, except for the "if you can't afford it" portion. It's not your god given right to use that software. Sorry to hear you can't afford it but that doesn't make it right to "steal" it (I say "steal" because there isn't really an appropriate term for it other than "pirate", which I feel has lost it's meaning).

I agree for the most part, except for the "if you can't afford it" portion. It's not your god given right to use that software. Sorry to hear you can't afford it but that doesn't make it right to "steal" it (I say "steal" because there isn't really an appropriate term for it other than "pirate", which I feel has lost it's meaning).
I only realized after I made that post that if you can afford hosting and the creation of a domain name and having a computer and internet, you can probably afford the software. Plus a lot of software is the cost of a meal or the cost of going out on a date.

It looks like the site that was pirating my addons as well as those of many other developer (eg. robbo) is down too. I wonder if they were hit as well. I sure hope so! :)

Pirated software could be looked at as a 'try before you buy' situation or because they just couldn't afford it at the time. In those cases, yes its still wrong but I understand.

There is nothing to understand because that is not justifiable. If someone wants to try out a paid software then they can do it at the demo installation which is for just that purpose. It is the same thing like say you want to buy a car. You go to the legitimate dealership and take it on a test drive before you purchase it. You don''t buy a stolen car which is very illegal and very wrong. At least that is how I see it.

There is nothing to understand because that is not justifiable. If someone wants to try out a paid software then they can do it at the demo installation which is for just that purpose. It is the same thing like say you want to buy a car. You go to the legitimate dealership and take it on a test drive before you purchase it. You don''t buy a stolen car which is very illegal and very wrong. At least that is how I see it.
It's the "Occupy Wall Street" mentality that infects all levels of society...the mentality that says "I want it, therefore that is all the justification I need for taking it...after all, the rich man/company that produced it can afford it anyways". If you spend enough time at those sites and read the comments, those dolts actually have convinced themselves they are doing some high and mighty service by generating interest in a product and encouraging people to eventually buy it lol...talk about delusions of grandeur! What they really are is nothing more than worthless parasites benefiting from someone else's hard work and sacrifice.

It's the "Occupy Wall Street" mentality that infects all levels of society...the mentality that says "I want it, therefore that is all the justification I need for taking it...after all, the rich man/company that produced it can afford it anyways".

I don't think that's what Occupy Wall Street is about ..

Top Bottom