vBulletin is Untrusted - so says FireFox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzzidReign

23e53278e310211315406c041984f24e.png

Was clicking a link to vb.org and look what appears!

Oh great another software product thread to get our teeth into. Let me re-create that ipb3.2 re-visited thread and we can start the ordeal all over again from last night. (y)

I don't see what's so funny about it. Are we yet to see another bashing vbulletin thread? Sure, we can let this go on until a all out free for all happens or do we nip it in the bud? at it's early stages? What's stopping someone (example) from mentioning internet brands? causing the topic to get out of hand? Not so much a funny scenario.

Bashing is bashing no matter the subtly of the topic title. :)

Example of a thread going south: IPB 3.2 thread.

I hear yah I hear yah ... it's just that I see that screen everyday so I knew what it was instantly and really thought no big deal...self-signed or expired certificate. I would have laughed the same be it any other site. But yeah the site being what it is I see your point totally and though I can't rescind that I think it is funny to a degree I can see why you believe it not to be funny. I am actually in the process of selling off my last personal 4pub license and I myself don't really care to hear about them anymore. I missed the IPB thread thing so I guess I will assume you have good reason behind your words. Maybe this thread could be closed or renamed to something less risque or something.

It's really a lose-lose situation as far as the staff are concerned when it comes to vB threads.

Lock the thread and there are complaints of heavy-handedness and over-moderation.

Leave it open and it descends into bashing, insults and arguments and then gets locked anyway.

I hear yah I hear yah ... it's just that I see that screen everyday so I knew what it was instantly and really thought no big deal...self-signed or expired certificate. I would have laughed the same be it any other site. But yeah the site being what it is I see your point totally and though I can't rescind that I think it is funny to a degree I can see why you believe it not to be funny. I am actually in the process of selling off my last personal 4pub license and I myself don't really care to hear about them anymore. I missed the IPB thread thing so I guess I will assume you have good reason behind your words. Maybe this thread could be closed or renamed to something less risque or something.

I think a closure would be in order but for that to happen we will need to wait till the insulting comments towards members commences. But yeah, closing, locking would be a logical choice. :)

It's really a lose-lose situation as far as the staff are concerned when it comes to vB threads.

Lock the thread and there are complaints of heavy-handedness and over-moderation.

Leave it open and it descends into bashing, insults and arguments and then gets locked anyway.

I think you worry too much. Lock the thread, don't worry what people say, bashing is bashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom