Vbulletin 3.6xx to XenForo

trman

Long time Vbulletin user here.

Present situation: Using Vbulletin 3.6xxx series, 69,000 members, 1.7 million posts

Must haves in order to convert to XenForo:

1. Forum Sponsorships. I sell ad banner space at the top of each individual forum so the advertiser can sponsor that forum. I need the ability to have different ads for different forums. The ads need to be on the forum listing only, not the individual threads contained within the forum. Example: http://appraisersforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

2. I approve all registrations manually. I have a custom user profile field called "real name". Can a custom profile fiield in Xenforo be made to display in the list of new registrations awaiting approval? (So I can see the "real name" before approving new registrations)

3. Would it be better for me to upgrade to the latest vbulletin 3.8.8 before converting to XenForo? Would I gain anything?

4. Is there built in feature or an add on that will allow links in posts to be "anonymized" such as this Vbulletin add on: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=143615&highlight=anonymizer

5. Is there an option to make some of the forums not indexed by Google (without making it a private forum requiring extra user login)?

Thanks!

1. you could do that with conditionals, or with one of several addons that make it easier.
2. it's built into the software
3. probably, but I've not converted from 3.6 so dunno
4. no, but I think there is an addon to do that but I've not used it
5. there's an addon that adds noindex based on criteria you set that would do this

Welcome to XenForo! I migrated from vBulletin as well and everything is just so much less of a pain in the ass. Add-on development is a lot easier, the community here is accessible and kind, the developers are not account managers but actual developers. There's a lot more but you'll discover that yourself!

1. As @petertdavis says one of the advertising add-ons can probably do that.
2. Yes.
3. Nope, I did a similar migration and XenForo will handle everything as it is.
4. No.
5. Add-on.

Just in regard to #2, I think people are responding that you can manually approve registrations, but you would need to view the user's profile to see the custom field value.

That's disappointing I was hoping I could set a custom field to be viewed in a list of users awaiting approval.

Anyway I just purchased a few minutes ago I will see what I can do to make it display the fields I want in the users awaiting approval.

At the moment, this can be achieved using this (rather simple) code edit. Still works for latest XenForo release.

I am having a problem using the modifications in the link you provided. Specifically the 2nd part says to change the code here:

Edit this template:

Admin CP -> Development -> Admin Templates -> user_moderated

My admin CP does not have a "development" section. Please help as it is important to me to view several custom fields before manually approving new members (without having to click on their user name and locate the custom field data from the large profile page)

Support questions should be posted in the relevant forum or thread, not the pre-sales forum.

However, the FAQ in my signature explains how to enable Development mode.

Top Bottom