1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vBorg tips it's hat to XenForo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Digital Doctor, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

vBulletin.org.like.with.heart.jpg

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=265471

Q: Do you get a notification when someone likes your post? No.
    Q: how do we unlike a post if we want to? Can't.
    Q: Will it be released by vB.org ? No.
    Q: Is there a Paid Mod for Likes ? Yes. (third party).
    dragonbytes.likes.pro.png

erich37 and Nick like this.
  2. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

lol, seems VB is having issues with this :p

TheVisitors likes this.
  3. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

We need to stop the fussing over vBulletin folks.... there are other sites and places for that if needed. Let's help define xenforo.com by what =we= are doing with the software, not by how vexed we are at the tribulations going on over in vbland.

FredC, ArnyVee, Onimua and 4 others like this.
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

/me says I'm not feeling vexed.
    It's mildly ironic IB sues xF for "Copying" vB ... and vBorg "blantantly copies" xF's like.
    This *IS* the Off Topic forum.

Floris likes this.
  5. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

They've had it for sometime now.
    Doesn't facebook use likes?

iTuN3r and Digital Doctor like this.
  6. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

Yes, however, what would new customers think when all they see here are posts about how vb sucks instead of how great xf is?

I've had PLENTY of users leave to start competing forums and every one of them that focused around how bad the other guy was ultimately failed. I'm sure you've seen the same. So lets help keep xenforo going strong by developing our own forum culture, one that does not have vbulletin sitting at any capacity near the heart of it all.

Alien, FredC, Onimua and 6 others like this.
  7. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Very well said. I, for one, am tired of seeing threads started about vBulletin.

FredC likes this.
  8. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Who gives crap what they do lets move on .

robdog, FredC, Floris and 1 other person like this.
  9. Panupat

Panupat Well-Known Member

After what vB did to Xf? I say you should have fun fussing over them :love:

Floris likes this.
  10. Jason

Jason Well-Known Member

I've already stated what I think about the lawsuits elsewhere, so I won't reiterate that here, but I'd much rather spend my time and energy on more productive things than mulling over vBulletin.

That said, these threads don't bother me as I can easily avoid them, but I do agree with others who don't see the point in them.

Peggy and Forsaken like this.
  11. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

ive seen plenty of communities come about because of some grievance with the former board, and in not a single case were the initial months spent not spent talking about how ****ty the old place was. even years later people will talk about how ****ty the old place was.

12. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

While this is true, the irony isn't lost on me that they accuse XF of pinching loads of ideas off vBulletin and then they go and pinch one from XF!

Admittedly its not a unique idea (it came from Facebook after all), but I did chuckle when I saw it. Although I'd have thought they would be concentrating with fixing the 900 odd confirmed bugs than adding new features.

Peggy likes this.
  13. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

New Forum users almost always say that XF is a lot like facebook... they relate to xf's like system by having known it at FB. The point is, XF does not have ownership of "Likes". I am not defending anyone, just stating the obvious.

On a side note, I really don't like vb.org's implementation of it. Due to the limitation of the underlying reputation system on which they have based it, "unlike" is missing.

Peggy and Phil Conway like this.
  14. estranged

estranged Well-Known Member

Vbulletin imitating xenforo? Or are they all imitating facebook?

steven s and Peggy like this.
  15. Phil Conway

Phil Conway Active Member

For my two-pence worth, it's a good idea and it's not something that is exclusively owned by xF, although XF's implementation has shown how well it can work on a forum.

For all of it's flaws, facebook has been great at making strides with online conversation and collaboration - it's telling that this is kind of functionality is showing up in other software as well. What is more telling is how good competing products are at integrating said feature ;)

Don't be surprised if other forum-makers follow suit.

16. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

I wonder if any "large camera"s were involved in the creation of this mod, if so, a lawsuit needs to be filed! :p

Peggy likes this.
  17. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Clicks "LOL"

18. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

prg32w.jpg

Peggy likes this.
  19. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Active Member

This constant vBulletin bashing posted on XenForo all the time became boring about 100 years ago. Who really cares what they do anymore? Let's get a life folks and move on.

jasetaro, captainslater and Peggy like this.
  20. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

Please stop with the silly posts. It is of no real importance if vBulletin.org uses a "like" system...a system that has been used for quite some time and is in no way credited toward XenForo solely. I understand your point, but its misguided. Why give vBulletin the exposure or talk time? It shouldn't matter one bit.

jasetaro, CapnLuffy, Forsaken and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.