vB4 owners, show yourself!

I only have one license for vb4 thank god. Although I still have an old 3.03 license LOL. I can't switch my vb4 site until some of the mods are available for xf that I use on it. I forgot I had the 3.03 license and have no idea what I would ever do with it. I bought 2 xf licenses with intentions on switching the vb4 site and starting another project but I think I am going to start two other projects first then once some of the features and mods are available that I need I will switch the vb4 site. I also have about 5 other projects I want to do so I will be buying a few more xf licenses.

I wanted to add an observation also. I did import my vb4 database to my xf test site and the xf site loads almost 6 times faster.

I run 1 vB4 board just because i don't have the money to run more boards! I also bought a Xenforo license on day 1... That one i running on my personal website for now to test things out!

I plan on upgrading my forums from vB to *something* different. I'm tired of the vB "look and feel" which over the years has grown to look like crap and feel way too cluttered. So my thoughts are either xF, IPB, or phpBB. I did the demo of IPB and I was kind of underwhelmed. phpBB is what I switched away from, and it still doesn't feel as polished as vB was. xF is really attractive to me because it just looks and feels a million times better.

I am using the CMS part of vB4 as well as using a Photopost gallery. I'm willing to lose the integrated CMS and gallery (going to standalone solutions) if I can find the perfect forum software.

I have two vb 4 suite licenses. One site is still running vB 3.8 and running well. I will probably leave it the way it is for as long as possible. The users are comfortable with it and I see no need to upgrade or change.

The other is a "new" site running 4.0.6. I really don't like it and have a terrible time with spam. I will certainly convert it to Xenforo very soon. Xenforo is already running on a sub directory there.

Jeff

I plan on upgrading my forums from vB to *something* different. I'm tired of the vB "look and feel" which over the years has grown to look like crap and feel way too cluttered. So my thoughts are either xF, IPB, or phpBB. I did the demo of IPB and I was kind of underwhelmed. phpBB is what I switched away from, and it still doesn't feel as polished as vB was. xF is really attractive to me because it just looks and feels a million times better.

I am using the CMS part of vB4 as well as using a Photopost gallery. I'm willing to lose the integrated CMS and gallery (going to standalone solutions) if I can find the perfect forum software.

Play around. Not just phpBB, but MyBB has really improved as a free software. Obviously, you should also try out IPB and XenForo as well. Kier's done it again and wowed us with a product. Let's just hope he has a lot of good staff/customer service that would not plague XenForo like vBulletin's did (even before Internet Brands took over).

I dont think i'll be migrating to Xenforo until there is a few things done. Most importantly, official RTL support, a CMS, and a few mods that I require are developed.