Resource icon

vB4 Importer 3.6b2

No permission to download

Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce submitted a new resource:

vB4 Importer (version 1.1.x) - Importer for vBulletin 4.x

This is a repost of the importer from this thread:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-importer-to-xenforo-1-1.23674/

It contains files that need to be uploaded to the /library directory. The importer will show up in the Admin CP after you upload the files:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Import External Data

As you will see from that thread, marioman posted the original importer and then svetoslav80 posted some updates to include social groups, blogs, albums,...

Read more about this resource...

Jake Bunce updated vB4 Importer with a new update entry:

Original vB4 Importer

Adam posted a copy of the previous vB4 importer that he used to maintain so I am uploading it as the current version. This version is more up-to-date and fully featured than the old one I posted before. It imports everything including social groups, user albums, blogs, and CMS articles. Since XF doesn't have those features it imports them as threads / attachments.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jake Bunce updated vB4 Importer with a new update entry:

Original vB4 Importer
Adam posted a copy of the previous vB4 importer that he used to maintain so I am uploading it as the current version. This version is more up-to-date and fully featured than the old one I posted before. It imports everything including social groups, user albums, blogs, and CMS articles. Since XF doesn't have those features it imports them as threads / attachments.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I had a world of people asking for it and for me to help resolve a few things. It clearly needed to come back.

Question: I did the importer, but attachment did not work, why?

Answer:

Even though you will see the options for attachments become available sooner, you need to do any attachments last.

In other words, when you think you have finished importing everything else of value. The last thing you need to import should be

• Photos
  • Attachments
Even though you maybe given the option sooner. Do it last.

Question: Will there be a vBulletin 5 importer?

Answer: No vBulletin 5 importer is planned at this time.

vB5 / vBulletin 5 is still in Alpha and / or Beta stages and so is forever changing. It would be pointless to develop an importer at this time.

can you use this to import from a different domain:

myvbform.com -> myxfforum.com

or should I first install xf on my original domain, then dump the entire db to import it into the xf domain?

can you use this to import from a different domain:

myvbform.com -> myxfforum.com

or should I first install xf on my original domain, then dump the entire db to import it into the xf domain?

Most db servers don't allow remote access. But if your server does allow remote access then yes, you can import cross-server. But normally you would restore a backup of the database locally (on the same server as XF) and import from that.

I bought a domain with a vb forum (4.x) on it. Now i wanted to import the most of the data in my existing Xf forum. ( nearly empty, but i want to keep whats there)

I have category's and subforums in my XF forum. Those i want to keep. The vB forum has just the standard threads and posts.

The numbers of vB is

threads 15.189, posts 129.586 attachments 10.39GB. The number of users is 8.948

Is that possible?

Maybe a silly question. But if i import threads with images, were has vB that image? in his DB or in a folder. Or in an url in the db and the file in a folder?

Must i copy a special folder from vB to XF? Or is this importer enough?

Maybe a silly question. But if i import threads with images, were has vB that image? in his DB or in a folder. Or in an url in the db and the file in a folder?

Must i copy a special folder from vB to XF? Or is this importer enough?

vB can store attachments in either the db or file system. The importer will detect which method is being used. If it's a directory then it will ask you for the path.

Top Bottom