VB4 Importer

Cal

I've been browsing around the community to see if Xenforo would be a good alternative to a political community I administrate. So far it looks a lot better than what we have which is VB4. The only problem I see is the importer.

Is an official VB4 importer being created? I see an add on by Paul M but it appears to be outdated and no longer functional.

This is the only thing holding me back from this software. Does anyone have any ideas on it?

Paul's vB4 importer works in XenForo 1.0.x but not 1.1.x. So you have the option of importing to 1.0.x and then upgrading. Note that you will not be able to import custom profile fields and thread prefixes which are new to 1.1.x and are not covered by the vB4 importer since it hasn't been updated.

I don't have a problem with importing to an older version of Xenforo and then upgrading. My issue is that Paul's importer does not work for me for some reason - I get MySQL errors that kill the import every time I have tried it - I posted in Paul's thread about this but I don't expect much support since he is no longer working on it.
So any work on a new importer soon is greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks guys. I'll keep a watch on that importer plugin. Unfortunately gaining me as a customer is going to hinge on that at this point - I can't start the forum over lol. It's too active and popular that would probably kill it. I look forward to seeing the importer finished and becoming a Xenforo customer. Until then...I'll be a community lurker :)

Top Bottom