• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vB4 Importer: How do you want it to work?

Question.

vBulletin 4 has custom avatars, attachments, albums, group images, etc as option to be stored in the file system. Something big-boards do for obvious reasons.

I know the import scripts ask for the attachment path, but not the rest.

I have no clue thankfully if vB4 stores them in the db as well as the file system, so importing these will go fine. Or if it perhaps is handy to have an option to these paths as well?
I'll find a way.

Question, do you want the option available to choose between LN Blog and Threads at import if possible? Or would you like it to assume LN Blog (my intended implementation)?

Question, do you want the option available to choose between LN Blog and Threads at import if possible? Or would you like it to assume LN Blog (my intended implementation)?
There are lots of permission issues with blog import. I would assume to just import the blog where permissions are honored and then you can later figure out what do to next. There is no xenforo blog and your ln blog is one of the best alternatives for this if there are any else. I would not make an option out of it.

I am done importing this is just an advise from me.

Great to hear you're working on this KK, a few things that I'd love to see:
- custom profile fields
- thread icons -> thread prefixes
- 'post thanks' hack -> 'likes'

Besides supporting base xF v1.1, no "add-ons" will be supported besides LN Blog and Custom BBCode Manager, at least for the first versions.

Besides supporting base xF v1.1, no "add-ons" will be supported besides LN Blog and Custom BBCode Manager, at least for the first versions.

We are going to migrate in next few hours anyway. So, If you have a working pre-beta copy and willing to get it tested on our production data, we would love to give it a try. :-)

So to conclude: Paul's importer doesn't support xf 1.1 and custom user fields. Then came out Marioman's importer but it doesn't import Social groups and albums. As I understand this importer is expected to have all these but it's not ready yet. So I have 2 choices: either wait for this importer or try to upgrade marioman's importer by myself, which may be a difficult task for me. King Kovifor, can you give us an approximate date of when your importer will be ready? Can we expect it in December? Don't want to pressure you, just asking so I know what to do. Thanks.

I've decided to migrate without the vBSEO Likes; at it seems that it won't be coming out soon. My users are going to kick me; but I've made up my mind to deal with it. :eek:

I just noticed that profile pictures are not imported with the current importers. Profile pictures are different from avatars. If you can include that in the importer it will be good.

I just noticed that profile pictures are not imported with the current importers. Profile pictures are different from avatars. If you can include that in the importer it will be good.
XenForo has no option for profile pictures, only the option for avatars.

As Forsaken said, there are no options within XenForo to support this. And as such, I can't import them.

Top Bottom