XF 2.0 vB4 > 2.0.1 Import error on test system

JonUrban

I have a local host setup with a clean Xf 2.0.1 install and a copy of my vB4 forum. I began the import and all was going well but when I glanced back at my screen I saw the following error:

InvalidArgumentException: Received invalid UTF-8 for string column [filename] in src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php at line 685

XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType() in src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php at line 572
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src\XF\Service\Attachment\Preparer.php at line 34
XF\Service\Attachment\Preparer->insertDataFromFile() in src\XF\Import\Data\Attachment.php at line 62
XF\Import\Data\Attachment->write() in src\XF\Import\Data\AbstractData.php at line 126
XF\Import\Data\AbstractData->save() in src\XF\Import\Importer\vBulletin.php at line 3469
XF\Import\Importer\vBulletin->stepAttachments() in src\XF\Import\Runner.php at line 160
XF\Import\Runner->runStep() in src\XF\Import\Runner.php at line 74
XF\Import\Runner->run() in src\XF\Admin\Controller\Import.php at line 231
XF\Admin\Controller\Import->actionRun() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 88
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src\XF\App.php at line 1880
XF\App->run() in src\XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

I do have the blog option so maybe this is the issue but I am not sure. Does anyone see what the problem could be?

THANKS

There are some character set issues in the current XF2 importers (one of the reasons why they're tagged as beta). This particular issue should be fixed for 2.0.2, though the fix is complex.

At this time, the recommended approach would be to import into 1.5 and upgrade to 2.0 after importing.

Mike - I loaded 1.5 then began importing. Everything was going fine and I got to 82.96% of "Import Threads and Posts" when it crashed with a SQL error. Can you or someone tell me what to do next? THANKS

XF15 Import Error.webp

You can try refreshing the page. If that error is consistent, it either means that your MySQL connection is getting killed unexpectedly or you have a very short wait_timeout setting. The latter can be changed in your my.cnf file (not sure where MAMP puts that).

Well, I tried it again. I increased both my 'wait timeout' and my 'max allowed packet' setting to 128M. I then installed a clean XF1.5 and empty db, then ran the importer and it crashed at exactly the same place.

I closed everything, restarted the environment, opened the 1.5 forum and I could see the threads that got imported without a problem. I then went to admin and tools/import existing data. It said there was an "import currently in progress. If you are returning to continue this import, click the button to continue where you left off"

When I do that, it never even starts back up, and I get this error:

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in C:\MAMP\htdocs\XF15B\library\Zend\Db\Statement\Mysqli.php on line 77
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 31
  6. XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->getAdminNavigationEntries() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 404
  7. XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->getAdminNavigationForDisplay() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 227
  8. XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->_getNavigationContainerParams() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 205
  9. XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 660
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 176
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/MAMP/htdocs/XF15B/admin.php at line 13

In my 1.5.16 admin area I can see the users and run through all of the sections without any SQL errors, so I don't think the server is "going away". Can you tell anything from the verbiage above?

Top Bottom