vb3.8 file system attachments import

xml

all my tests with xf importer were very successful on my local machine + wamp with database of 2.5 millions posts and 50,000 members. i do have attachments of 12 gigs size and i didnt include it in my tests yet becuase am sure at that time it will be very time consuming.

now i will test attachments but i need to know some info related to the correct path to attachments folder. on my production server the path to attachments folder is:
/home/useraccount/vbattachments

but i am running my tests on my local machine and the path to xen folder is:
C:\wamp\www\xfb3

So where i should put the vbattachments folder on local machine so its path can be recognized and accepted by xen importer and run the import proccess?

To do an attachments test you need to copy the attachments to your local machine, so you simply enter whatever path you choose to save them at.

C:\wamp\www\vbattachments would probably be as good a choice as any just for testing.

Just to be crystal clear, the attachments need to be on the same machine as xf. Specifically, in your case, you need a local copy. (I think you know that but for the sale of others reading this I wanted to type that).

You could put your attachments almost anywhere on your local machine, I would be tempted to put them where Paul suggested.

Thank you Paul & Dean
for a large database the import process went very well or i might say perfectly !

Attachments

• import.webp
    import.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 25
Top Bottom