vB license sold - xF license for new project coming soon ... :)

CTXMedia

Thanks to Patrick for his very reasonable offer and for buying my unused vB license (@ vbfans.com) and to Floris for bumping my thread ... :wink:

I'll shortly be in a position to buy an xF license for the new project ... yeah!!!

It's a forum for Geeks ... so should appeal to everyone here ... lol :):):)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Congrats on buying the xF license.. just watch out, there is something in the code that will make you want to use it more and more!!

I bought mine to support the guys without thinking I would want to convert, but it's looking like I will be converting my site when a stable release comes out.

Jamie

I'd sell my vBulletin license, but then again, I'd feel horrible knowing that person missed an opportunity to get xenforo.
I'd rather sleep well knowing I told them to ditch vB and get xenforo.

I'd sell my vBulletin license, but then again, I'd feel horrible knowing that person missed an opportunity to get xenforo.
LOL... I sold two of mine thus far for only $50 each. Getting something for them was better than nothing I figured.

Nice CycleChat... look forward to seeing your site.

Just waiting on a full vb4 importer to shift my main one over to xenforo... then jfusion to use a temp CMS until XF create one... as I like to have an all-in-one solution.

I couldn't even sell my vb license. I'd feel as if I imposed some kind of punishment upon somebody who's innocent. I'll transfer it, to hell where it belongs. But as we all know, poop don't burn. ;)

Are you going to run it even though it's still in Beta? and what's the site name?

Firstly, I'm going to import my 1.3 million posts old vB database to see how it performs with lots of posts (just for ****s and giggles).

Then I'm going to trash it all, and set it up for a new project and start using it.

The rest can come as it is developed - the software development might as well run alongside the site development - after all, these things take time :)

Cheers,

I couldn't even sell my vb license. I'd feel as if I imposed some kind of punishment upon somebody who's innocent. I'll transfer it, to hell where it belongs. But as we all know, poop don't burn. ;)
I gave away my licenses to friends that are interested in vB3 (And one in vB4 :mad:).

Firstly, I'm going to import my 1.3 million posts old vB database to see how it performs with lots of posts (just for ****s and giggles).

Then I'm going to trash it all, and set it up for a new project and start using it.

The rest can come as it is developed - the software development might as well run alongside the site development - after all, these things take time :)

Cheers,
hmm I'm trying to decide myself whether I should launch my new forums with xenforo now or when beta 2 comes out....

Top Bottom