XF 1.1 vb import seems to hang with attachments

snoopy5

Hi

I am currently importing in real my first vb forum into xf. I have done several test-imports before, but only with smaller vbforums of mine.

This vb forum now has 165.835 postings, 13.329 users and many attachments.

The import was very fast (around 20 minutes) until the import of attachments. This step goes slowly.

3,5 hours passed already and the import of attachments is now at 97,19%. Since around 30 minutes, this number does not change anymore. But this sign of doing something still shows.

The question is now, whetehr this is normal, whether I should wait or whether I should do something else.

I do the import on my real server, which is used only by myself. The specifications of the server are:

Prozessor Intel Core2 Duo 2,93 GHz

RAM 4 GB
HD 2 x 250 GB
Festplattenspiegelung RAID 1
Mailspace 150 GB
Netzanbindung 100 Mbit/s Switchport
Inklusiv-Traffic Traffic-Flatrate
100 Mbit/s
Operating System Linux Gentoo
Webserver Apache

30 minutes with no progress isn't right. The process might have timed out. It should be safe to simply refresh the page. It will ask if you want to continue the current import. Say yes. It should pick up right where it left off.

Also check the error log just in case:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Thanks for the quick reply. I am swetting a little bit as you can imagine :)

I hit now STRG&F5. I had to login into the ACP again. Then it showed me as first screen the importscreens process immediately with a higher number of 97,57% and it is still increasing now. I will wait a little bit and will report back.

Thanks again

update. It seems that all went fine. I clicked on error log, but no errors have been recorded. As far as I can see, it was a perfect import (y)

Thanks again. Now I do vbforum #2 out of 10 :eek:

Top Bottom