vb ignores Youtuber with 1,1 million followers

I'm not a mac fan but I like this guy sharing knowledge with the world. Very interesting videos, great soldering skills!

Looks like XF for the win.

Should be the first with a referral program and be like WeBull/Robinhood in that both parties get something in return.

Imagine 1.1m subscribers and 5500 new license purchases in the first 7 days (1/2%) of just the basic XF ($160). Say each of them would get 10% off while he'd get 10% in commission. XF essentially loses $32 per new customer.

However, I mentioned it'd only apply to XF alone. So, the full price for the gallery, etc. This is where the $32 could become more of a playing field... and brand free is the icing on the cake.

Only XF knows how many renew licenses each year. So if you took those 5500 purchases and assume that even 1/4 renewed yearly at full price, they are renewing the full cost of it, which replaces some that don't renew (you could even make it a renewal subscription each year in PayPal).

In my opinion, it doesn't sound like a bad idea and XF should crunch the numbers to see if these sorts of sales from influencers like this could crank out a lot more customers, year over year as the video would rank and continue to be watched.

We as paying members (the first time, unless we went with a 2nd forum and used a referral link [if possible]) should just suck it up and shut up if they did allow it because 5500 sales is a minimum of $704,000 with some obviously adding more in 1st party add ons as well as brand free (could top $1m in net revenue).

I don't know at which region that'd be a profit or a loss (strictly speaking the 1st year alone), but, that does give XF an edge for future development as well as even more marketing. That essentially translates to our forums performing better day by day as we fight to retain users that choose an unorganized Facebook group as it's "more convenient" and could level the playing field if and when development could speed up a bit with a 2nd or even 4th programmer.

Edit: The "Forum Software by" could also be a referral link, to qualifying forums, to standard users giving them 5% or so in XF bucks ($8) which isn't cash redeemable, but can be applied to future orders only. This generates new, paid, customers and gives a lot more benefits to entice forum owners to sell a forum.

Last edited:
Imagine Logan Paul selling a forum as a way of earning passive income... It really isn't a bad idea. XenForoDotCom would have a lot of loonies running around asking dumb questions and probably spamming, but, that's a lot of cash flow for XF to go from 0-60 real quick...

There is no correlation between so called "influencers" and forum software.

People buy forum software because they have an interest in a particular topic and want to run a forum.

They're not going to buy forum software because some random they follow on instatwit tells them to.
Unless they're stupid.

I would humbly beg to differ.
People buy forum software because they have an interest in a particular topic and want to run a forum.
If a social media influencer that has a following of many people wanting to make money, they could very well start a forum of their own. Then, show how easy it is to run. Afterwhich, they would show income made from it.

The final step is to show people how they can make $100-$500 passive income per month running a XenForo forum.

This would be a 1-5 video series with plenty of people who would sell the product if they themselves understood it and were able to get AdSense or other revenue up there from their following; the convenient part they left out from telling their followers because:
they're stupid.
(their followers, that is)

Challenge: Build an account with 100,000 real followings in any niche and tell them to buy something within that niche. They will. Then tell them to buy something else in that niche. Again, they will.

The great thing about a forum is that passive income can be made on any topic while running a forum and there are plenty of passive income gurus out there. The main selling point is converting people who run groups to run forums instead. I'm sure that there are plenty of followers that either run groups or can think they can make a quick buck by taking one of their groups they're in and converting it to a forum (though I'm sure they could think of other ways of marketing XF to make money as well by selling it in their own way).

Yeah, it is "selling out" to a degree... but, you can't tell me that I'm wrong here; I was generous at even 1/2 a percent over 7 days.

They're not going to buy forum software because some random they follow on instatwit tells them to.
Unless they're stupid.
Yeah whats kinda funny is we used to manage a forum for PapaJake (back when he was at like 15k followers). He eventually got rid of it because it was just a headache for him. Some people just like what they like, whether its a forum software or comments section on YouTube. Whatever works, to each their own.

back when he was at like 15k followers
15k on YouTube makes next to nothing, money-wise, after time spent in production, etc. But it's a completely different story with 6.6m*.

Graham Stephen, in investing, has 1.88m subs and makes $125,000 per month in that niche from AdSense as CPM is a lot higher.

Never heard of Papa Jake or if it's ad-friendly* and whichever niche* it's in now. But, I'm sure if you approached him now and sold him the benefit of a forum as a community to make more money and not only hosted it but managed it as well, I'm sure he'd go for it, especially since entertainers are now taxed at a higher bracket. Creating a forum and having it fully managed for a couple thousand a month would be a tax-writeoff and could potentially save him money while making even more money by collecting PPI (emails) of those 6.6m that he doesn't have access to on YT, and having a marketing team blast out well-crafted emails to make money on money.

This is a bit off-topic now, but, I don't know if they'd care to be a reseller of forum software as some people are.

I'm not a mac fan but I like this guy sharing knowledge with the world. Very interesting videos, great soldering skills!

Looks like XF for the win.
Whomever is helping him migrate... uh, guys, you may want to leave the old vB Cloud site up & running until you're ready for your redirects. 😜

A System Error has occured.
The software is experiencing a systems error.

You should attempt to repeat your last action. If this error occurs again, please contact the site administrator.

Whomever is helping him migrate... uh, guys, you may want to leave the old vB Cloud site up & running until you're ready for your redirects. 😜

Thats apparently a feature of vBulletin, when you turn the site off, it just breaks all of it.

But not much to see. Migration could be done more user friendly indeed...

The priority was to simply get away from vB as quickly as possible at this point as the forums were unstable and all sorts of problems needed to be fixed as part of the import. I'm sure they will pretty it up in days to come.

Top Bottom