1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 vB 4 Import Redirect Help

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by oVR, Sep 9, 2013.

1. oVR

oVR Active Member

I upgraded to XenForo recently and imported all the info from the old vB 4 forums.

It was a clean install and all the id's are the same but I don't have an archive to use for the redirect script.

What can I do to get the old links to redirect?

Can I do an import on a primer/test site and then use that archive to fuel the original site?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Please provide an example old and new thread URL. Then I can provide you with exact instructions for your redirects.

3. oVR

oVR Active Member

4. Jake Bunce

Add to top of .htaccess file in the /forum directory:

Code:
    RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^[^/]+/([0-9]+)-[^\.]+\.html$ /threads/$1/ [R=301,L]

5. oVR

oVR Active Member

I have the old vB 4 forums in a directory called forums(old). Do I add it to that or to the directory of the xenforo installation?

6. Jake Bunce

Does the /forum directory still exist? If not then you can add this slightly different rules to the web root's .htaccess:

Code:
    RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^forum/[^/]+/([0-9]+)-[^\.]+\.html$ /threads/$1/ [R=301,L]

oVR likes this.
  7. oVR

oVR Active Member

Thanks a lot man. You saved me a lot of trouble. I hope this thread helps other people searching for solutions to import redirection from vB4.