vB 3.x - Fluid & Fixed

vB 3.x - Fluid & Fixed 1.4.4

No permission to download

dutchbb

dutchbb submitted a new resource:

vB 3.x - Fluid - A white and purple style based on the vBulletin 3.x style.

This is a style for XenForo I created mainly for fun and in case some of my users want the option of a classic/legacy forum layout.

Features
  • 100% CSS based - no divs added or taken away
  • Single location CSS (EXTRA.css)
  • Includes styling for the Resource Manager
  • Tested in all major browsers
  • Does not break after XenForo 1.x updates (easy to maintain)
Why I share this (for free)
  • To show the power of the CSS system in XenForo
  • To get some...

Read more about this resource...

Hello
Thank you very much for this effort
There is a problem ..... Show me this message
The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file.

This is great, thank you so much!
It's not, that I would like to copy my vB 1:1 to XenForo. But the basic style of XenForo is somehow too soft and tiny and my users are used to vB since 13 years. Additionally vB3 is almost modern again with its somehow flat design :rolleyes:, so I intended to try soon by myself, what you did already: start a flat design, with less round corners and somehow similar to vB3 as a basis, and that only in EXTRA.css to avoid conflicts. I did not install yet, just saw the screenshots: Will your CSS somehow effect the responsive design or other XenForo functionallity, related to CSS?

What I would try is to modify the postbit legacy template to fit the online status add-on, accept the user group ribbons and add some info, as number of messages, received likes, location and maybe few custom fields.

You made my day, thank you a lot!

Thank you!

I actually loved VB 3's design since it was easy to make a new theme while still looking VB3. Then VB4 came and it looked like crap and cost too much. So I went to Xenforo.

This is great, thank you so much!
It's not, that I would like to copy my vB 1:1 to XenForo. But the basic style of XenForo is somehow too soft and tiny and my users are used to vB since 13 years. Additionally vB3 is almost modern again with its somehow flat design :rolleyes:, so I intended to try soon by myself, what you did already: start a flat design, with less round corners and somehow similar to vB3 as a basis, and that only in EXTRA.css to avoid conflicts. I did not install yet, just saw the screenshots: Will your CSS somehow effect the responsive design or other XenForo functionallity, related to CSS?

What I would try is to modify the postbit legacy template to fit the online status add-on, accept the user group ribbons and add some info, as number of messages, received likes, location and maybe few custom fields.

You made my day, thank you a lot!

So those addons don't fit correctly?

Just installed and it seems to work great on xf1.2.0 - and already with number of messages and location at posts ;)

@Deepmartini
I do not know, did not test that yet, just saw the screenshots before. Now I just installed and will try online-status add-on and user group ribbons...

Again: that's really great!

Rumor has it that it breaks the responsive design (I haven't checked).

The real problem I have with it is that this is a "SS file", not a CSS. The concept of the 'cascade' is completely lost in this. The over-use of !important is ridiculous. The attempt to keep it in 1 file is both the goal and it's hindrance.

I think the concept is neat, and as a proof of concept, it's successful. But I would caution anyone from actually using this on a production site.

Rumor has it that it breaks the responsive design (I haven't checked).

The real problem I have with it is that this is a "SS file", not a CSS. The concept of the 'cascade' is completely lost in this. The over-use of !important is ridiculous. The attempt to keep it in 1 file is both the goal and it's hindrance.

I think the concept is neat, and as a proof of concept, it's successful. But I would caution anyone from actually using this on a production site.

Maybe someone can build on this or improve it. Certainly an interesting concept. And possibly even a good transition for old sites on VB that are moving to xenforo. Give users a sense of comfort with a new change.

Top Bottom