Cannot reproduce vb 3.8 import skipped threads that had commas in the TAGLIST and or SIMILAR column

I think that might be a red herring, as we don't actually touch either of those columns in the thread import.

Based on the description, the issue looks to be related to the post step, though I'm not seeing an obvious cause. Debugging might require access to the old DB's content so that we can run our import tests. I'm not sure if that's viable though.

BTW, to fix this import I have been writing some VBasic code (went to the easiest) and been having a fit trying to parse out the sql export and not read the commas in those two columns. I think my best bet is to drop them from the database because they are not used or needed, export the sql again without the unneeded columns and then restructure it for xen then import it.

Agree? Thoughts on how to fix this?

No problem, would you like an sql dump / export? The original VB is still in the db.
Yeah, a mysqldump would be ideal. If you send me a conversation with details on how I can grab that, I should hopefully be able to confirm the issue.

BTW, to fix this import I have been writing some VBasic code (went to the easiest) and been having a fit trying to parse out the sql export and not read the commas in those two columns. I think my best bet is to drop them from the database because they are not used or needed, export the sql again without the unneeded columns and then restructure it for xen then import it.
You'd probably be better working from the database directly, though I don't have a clue if that's a reasonable option in VB -- I can't really imagine there are decent MySQL bindings.

But realistically, you can just drop/empty the column values. The similar column is entirely unused. We do use the tags, but they're in a separate step and quite complex to import. There's a reasonable chance that they aren't especially useful either, so ignoring it would make life simpler.

Top Bottom