vB 3.8.7 to xF 1.0.0

Fufu

Can vB 3.8.7 be converted to xF 1.0.0?

Do I need to disable/uniinstall mods?

Would it be recommended to disable/uninstall mods?

How will boards and threads be counted? (i.e. vB forum=77, xF makes this forum=1 or something ugly)

What does this mean?
It means that when you ordered your site, you made it easier for xenforo to sequence your site's structure. For example, suppose your first forum [display-wise] is Announcements, the ID number for that forum is 1, if your introduction forum is the second one, its #2. Get it?

It does not matter what ID number your announcement or introduction forum is. The way that YOU structured your forums will be indexed in THAT order.

Besides which-ever url structure you use, it is indexed regardless. There's a SEO switch in the xenACP.

Importing from vb3.x is built-in, so yes, your vb3.8.x would work.

Well I didn't quite understand your point but if you have 50 forums in your current installation, they will be recreated during the import and numbered in sequence.

Can you explain what you meant in more detail?

I have forums numbered up to 120, yet I am missing forums numbered 1-8, and 30-34 for example.

Does this mean xF will re-number all my imported forums, threads, posts, users, styles, etc. from 1 to 1,xxx,xxx,xxx in sequence or will it add some obscure numbering sequence?

That's what I thought you meant which is why I said it will renumber them in sequence :)

Everything will essentially start from 1, except for the default category and forum which are created when you install the software.

I have forums numbered up to 120, yet I am missing forums numbered 1-8, and 30-34 for example.

Does this mean xF will re-number all my imported forums, threads, posts, users, styles, etc. from 1 to 1,xxx,xxx,xxx in sequence or will it add some obscure numbering sequence?
Those "missing" numbers will be depreciated. Whatever you have visible will be structured by xenforo from 1 through [insert number here]. Although this will cause a mis-index by search engines, it should not affect your site's SEO, or indexing. In fact, it will have a better effect on your site. A lot of the VB-powered sites have beem imported and reported astronomical numbers.

It might make 1 become 2, but don't really expect it to go from 1 to 1,xxx,xxx,xxx, where x are actual numbers. That said, XenForo also supports URL redirection from your vBulletin forum to your XenForo one so you don't really need to worry about it anyways.

Top Bottom