VaultWiki

VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)

pegasus

pegasus submitted a new resource:

VaultWiki - Wiki for XenForo forums

Owners of community web sites using popular forum software like XenForo already know that content has, and forever will be, the king. Content keeps your community engaging, driving new signups, ad revenue, subscriptions, and more content. Forum suites have given your site the power to shift a significant part of the content creation process to the community itself. But there's a problem:

In threaded discussion, users are implicitly pitted against one another in a race to create the most...

Read more about this resource...

Some of the ways that the XenForo 2.x version of VaultWiki improves on the XenForo 1.x version:

• Custom Fields for wiki content. Changes to custom field values are tracked in the page's edit history. You can also use templates to auto-fill custom field values.
  • Widgets for wiki-related blocks use the native XenForo 2 widget system.
  • Bookmarks and Reactions for wiki-related content.

This add-on does not implement XF entities or content types in a sane way.
  • Various entities are implemented without a valid getStructure function making inspection in a number of cases impossible.
  • Content type fields are not consistently implemented as would be expected.
    • Ie there is a reaction_handler_class (or like_handler_class) entry but no corresponding entity for that content type.

In addition to the new version 4.1.4, there are also security patches available for both 4.1.2 and 4.1.3.

Does this update address the issues that @Xon raised?
The "issues" he raised are not bugs, do not correspond to any known errors, and have no effect on VaultWiki's ability to function normally. It sounds like he is trying to write an add-on for VaultWiki, without having an understanding VaultWiki's code. If you are writing an add-on for VaultWiki and need assistance, please explain in more detail what you are trying to accomplish so we can assist.

Regarding his note about entities, VaultWiki entities should never be accessed directly (in fact, they will throw an exception if you try this). You must always go through the appropriate VaultWiki abstraction layer in order to ensure data integrity. All entities pulled from the abstraction layer do have valid getStructure methods for inspection.

VaultWiki's reaction_handler_class and like_handler_class, similar to other handler classes across content types, do not require any entity to be defined. XenForo allows add-ons to define their own *handler_class::getContent methods for this very reason. Simply instantiate the handler class in question if you need to getContent. That's what XenForo does.

In order to "address" his issues with a code change within VaultWiki, VaultWiki would need to be completely rewritten. That is not going to happen in a minor point release.

VaultWiki 4.1.4 should be compatible with 2.2.8 according to the most recent resource update here and news post on the VW site:

VaultWiki.org said:
VaultWiki 4.1.4 is the first release to be compatible with XenForo 2.2.8 and higher. XenForo 2.2.8 had updated the editor to a new major version of FroalaEditor (from v3 to v4). Most notably, the update required changes to the timing of VaultWiki's various Javascript plugins in order to prevent errors both in wiki and regular forum editors.

If you are already running XenForo 2.2.8 with an earlier version of VaultWiki, we strongly recommend that you update to 4.1.4 as soon as you are able in order to resolve these editor issues.

I think this could be a case of the feature list page not getting updated after the newest release. Way down the bottom of that page it says the last page edit was December 23, which is from before 4.1.4 was available to download.

@pegasus ?

VaultWiki 4.1.4 should be compatible with 2.2.8 according to the most recent resource update here and news post on the VW site:

I think this could be a case of the feature list page not getting updated after the newest release. Way down the bottom of that page it says the last page edit was December 23, which is from before 4.1.4 was available to download.

@pegasus ?
Yes, I can confirm that 4.1.4 should be compatible with XenForo 2.2.8. I have updated the outdated feature list information.
Maybe I am not buying it ;)
View attachment 264437
Registration does not work...
Did that happen during guest checkout? Did you accept cookies? I recall there was an issue if you did not accept cookies before checking out.
Did it happen prior to the PayPal redirect, or on return? I don't have an issue if I used an already registered account, before attempting to check out.

Yes, I can confirm that 4.1.4 should be compatible with XenForo 2.2.8. I have updated the outdated feature list information.

Did that happen during guest checkout? Did you accept cookies? I recall there was an issue if you did not accept cookies before checking out.
Did it happen prior to the PayPal redirect, or on return? I don't have an issue if I used an already registered account, before attempting to check out.
It happened on multiple occasions on your site where I got MySQL errors, HTML errors etc.
At the end, even though it all crashed, I got the order through.

@pegasus I understand a security vulnerability was fixed recently.

You should add a new resource update here with those details to ensure as many people as possible are aware in case they miss any other notifications you have sent out outside of this forum.

Top Bottom