VaultWiki Lite [Deleted]

Okay, I see that it is not possible to upgrade in XenForo if Debug Mode is disabled. You can fix this with the following file edit. In library/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php, find:
Code:
            (
                defined('VW_INSTALL') OR
                vw_Hard_Core::controller('UI')->error_prevent()
            ) AND
            $view_ctrl->install_safety_check()
Replace with:
Code:
            defined('VW_INSTALL') OR
            (
                vw_Hard_Core::controller('UI')->error_prevent() AND
                $view_ctrl->install_safety_check()
            )

After installation in admin it tells me:
vw_install_needs_removal

when i wanted to edit text from the forum i cant
There were some problems with your submission:
  • vw_invalid_prefix
  • vw_invalid_prefix

I'm not sure yet why vw_install_needs_removal is showing instead of the text: "Before you can continue using VaultWiki, you MUST remove the installation directory located at vault/core/controller/install. Doing so will prevent conflicts when upgrading to a newer version."

I'm trying to figure it out. But if you do what the real message should say, then you can access the admin area.

For the vw_invalid_prefix error, please list the exact steps that lead to this error.

EDIT: It looks like there is only one place where this phrase is used, so try the following. In vault/core/controller/dm/base/vw.php, find:
Code:
        $this->instance->error('vw_invalid_prefix');
        return false;
Replace with:
Code:
        if ($prefixid)
        {
            $this->instance->error('vw_invalid_prefix');
            return false;
        }

return true;

Last edited:
I tested dhe lite version, thx ^^ now i know how powerfull pro version could be !!
I try it to deinstall but i get this error:

Fatal Error: attempted to instantiate non-existent class vw_Install_UnInstall_Controller

#0 vw_Hard_Core::fetch_object() called at [./vault/core/model/vw.php:384]
#1 vw_Hard_Core::controller() called at [./library/vw/UnInstall.php:27]
#2 vw_UnInstall::uninstall()
#3 call_user_func() called at [./library/XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php:200]
#4 XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() called at [./library/AddOnInstaller/DataWriter/AddOn.php:10]
#5 AddOnInstaller_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() called at [./library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1779]
#6 XenForo_DataWriter->delete() called at [./library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php:122]
#7 XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() called at [./library/XenForo/FrontController.php:347]
#8 XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() called at [./library/XenForo/FrontController.php:134]
#9 XenForo_FrontController->run() called at [./admin.php:13]

Please forward this error to VaultWiki technical support at https://www.vaultwiki.org/support/4X/ or email support@vaultwiki.org.

Thanks, this is a known issue, that the uninstaller requires some files from the installer, but the installer asked you to delete them already. We have a fix for the next release, but for now the only way to uninstall would be to upload that directory again first vault/core/controller/install.

If we try to create a page that already exists, we get
vw_path_in_use_error

When trying to permanently delete a page, we get
Fatal error: Call to undefined method vw_DM_Page_Controller::delete_generic() in /home/username/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/page/vw.php on line 1306

User got the following error when trying to create a page. Cannot duplicate but I'm sure he got it..

Uninitialized string offset: 0

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in /home/kitchenk/public_html/vault/core/model/ip/vw.php at line 147
  2. vw_IP_Model->compress() in /home/kitchenk/public_html/vault/core/model/ip/vw.php at line 37
  3. vw_IP_Model->conform() in /home/kitchenk/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/base/vw.php at line 190
  4. vw_DM_Base_Controller->verify_ipaddress() in vw/XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 352
  5. vw_XenForo_DataWriter->verify_ipaddress()
  6. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 982
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->_runVerificationCallback() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 725
  8. XenForo_DataWriter->_isFieldValueValid() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 643
  9. XenForo_DataWriter->set() in /home/kitchenk/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/xf.php at line 230
  10. vw_DM_Controller_XF->set() in /home/kitchenk/public_html/vault/core/controller/ui/edit/page/vw.php at line 179
  11. vw_UI_Edit_Page_Controller->start_dm() in /home/kitchenk/public_html/vault/core/controller/ui/edit/page/xf.php at line 25
  12. vw_UI_Edit_Page_Controller_XF->start_dm() in /home/kitchenk/public_html/vault/core/controller/ui/edit/vw.php at line 114
  13. vw_UI_Edit_Controller->save() in /home/kitchenk/public_html/vault/core/controller/ui/create/vw.php at line 229
  14. vw_UI_Create_Controller->publish() in /home/kitchenk/public_html/vault/core/controller/ui/area/vw.php at line 126
  15. vw_UI_Area_Controller->publish() in /home/kitchenk/public_html/vault/core/controller/ui/area/vw.php at line 37
  16. vw_UI_Area_Controller->execute() in /home/kitchenk/public_html/vault/core/controller/ui/stack/vw.php at line 166
  17. vw_UI_Stack_Controller->execute() in vw/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Wiki.php at line 68
  18. vw_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Wiki->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  19. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  20. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/kitchenk/public_html/index.php at line 13

Admin panel shows that there is a new release available (Build 005) but it's not available here.

If we try to create a page that already exists, we get
vw_path_in_use_error
This error is intended to say that you cannot create the page because it already exists. You should try to edit it instead or choose a different name for the new page. There are close to 600 missing/unused phrases in VaultWiki. We are trying to track down them all, but that is low priority compared to issues like below.

When trying to permanently delete a page, we get
Fatal error: Call to undefined method vw_DM_Page_Controller::delete_generic() in /home/username/public_html/vault/core/controller/dm/page/vw.php on line 1306

User got the following error when trying to create a page. Cannot duplicate but I'm sure he got it..
Based on the error messages, I doubt reproducing will even be necessary to resolve. I will look into these, as I know they are not fixed in build 005.

Since the recent release of XenForo 1.3.5 due to issues with XML security, I wanted to mention that VaultWiki uses separate XML parsing code for certain install/upgrade data, but it shares XML parsing code for other data with XenForo.

I have done some tests and I can confirm that were anyone to spoof the 1 or 2 files that use the VaultWiki XML parser, they would not be able to exploit the related XML vulnerabilities. VaultWiki attempts to normalize the output of the XML parser across different platforms, and an unintentional side effect of this normalization results in malicious XML becoming unreadable to the parser. Hence it becomes impossible to trick VaultWiki into parsing an XML bomb.

pegasus updated VaultWiki Lite with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.0 RC 2

(released August 22, 2014)
  • Wiki Criteria for Notices
  • Selective Quoting in Wiki Comments
  • Fixed moderator panel not apply moderation actions
  • Fixed subscriptions not removing when content is deleted
  • Fixed parser cache expiring in seconds rather than days
  • Fixed ability to set Meta description for pages
  • Fixed vw_content property not being used semantically
  • Fixed regression to fatal error viewing RSS feeds...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Upgrading to 4.0.0 RC 2
Step 4
Creating table: vw_blocktype

Adding data to table: vw_blocktype

An exception occurred: Database Error: INSERT IGNORE INTO `vw_blocktype` (`varname`,`title`,`productid`) ( SELECT varname AS `varname`,title AS `title`,'vaultwiki' AS `productid` FROM `vw_block` ) Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'varname' in 'field list' in /var/www/vhosts/an650.de/forum.an650.de/vault/core/controller/db/xf.php on line 136

1. vw_DB_Controller_XF->throw_error() in vault/core/controller/db/xf.php at line 122
  2. vw_DB_Controller_XF->query_write() in vault/core/model/db/mysql/vw.php at line 893
  3. vw_DB_MySQL_Model->shutdown_or_run() in vault/core/model/db/mysql/vw.php at line 763
  4. vw_DB_MySQL_Model->insert() in vault/core/controller/install/upgradepath/steps/4/0/0/rc/2/base/vw.php at line 178
  5. vw_Install_UpgradePath_Steps_400rc2_base_Controller->{closure}() in vault/core/controller/install/upgradepath/vw.php at line 63
  6. vw_Install_UpgradePath_Controller->call() in vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 287
  7. vw_CP_Install_Controller->exec_step() in vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 252
  8. vw_CP_Install_Controller->upgrade_type() in vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 201
  9. vw_CP_Install_Controller->upgrade() in vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 71
  10. vw_CP_Install_Controller->execute() in library/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php at line 113
  11. vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionIndex() in library/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php at line 142
  12. vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionUpgrade() in library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in admin.php at line 13
Get the following error when upgrading
And can not deinstalation not make good actually wanted to buy full version also does not go through Pay Pal

Installing VaultWiki v4.0.0 RC 2
Step 4

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''active'' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING), expecting ')' in/home/geckogen/public_html/vault/core/controller/install/db/insert/block/vw.php on line 54

Unknown column 'varname' in 'field list' in
I honestly cannot see how that error is possible. It says you don't have a varname column on your vw_block table. There has always been a varname column on vw_block in all versions, until the next step of the upgrade when the column name is changed. If your column name is already changed, then I don't see why it would run the previous steps again...

Check your database that vw_blocktype exists and already contains rows. If it does:
1. Try going to Manual Mode.
2. Change the URL to skip to the next step.

And can not deinstalation not make good actually wanted to buy full version also does not go through Pay Pal
I don't know what you mean about the deinstallation. It has worked for me every time I tried... Are you getting an error when you try?

Thanks for letting me know about PayPal. It's weird that it's not including all the cart contents on their site.

Sorry if I do it by Manually I do not get ahead too.
Unfortunately, I use the Google translator from German English.

Well I tried it again to remove only come from Fheler Forum

So how do I get this addon now back on the forum it does not go beyond the
uninstalling I would like to remove it from the database it give me a hint

Top Bottom