• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

various errors "A server error occurred. Please try again later."

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Is there something specific you are doing to produce that error?

Try adding this line to the library/config.php file:

Code:
$config['debug'] = 1;
That may reveal a more detailed error message.

OK!!
I went in AdminCP to Languages -> English (when clicking it, this happens)

Server Error

Undefined index: month_10_short
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Locale.php at line 189
  2. XenForo_Locale::getFormattedDateInternal() in XenForo/Locale.php at line 255
  3. XenForo_Locale::getFormattedDate() in XenForo/Model/Language.php at line 410
  4. XenForo_Model_Language->getLanguageFormatExamples() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Language.php at line 39
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Language->_getLanguageAddEditResponse() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Language.php at line 63
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Language->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/admin.php at line 13

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Please redownload and reinstall. That appears to be related to the install errors from the first few hours.

Yes, I got the same error message during install ""A server error occurred. Please try again later" but the installer continued running and going though the installation.
I've tried the installer 2 times and always got the same.
If you want to, I can give you access for you to look.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Try enabling debug mode for the install (see my previous post). That may reveal a more detailed error that Mike can work with.

Hey Jake.
Did that, but there's no more info, the only message on the screen is this:

Rebuilding...

An error occurred. Please click the button below for more information.

---
Then it keeps loading and goes to another installation step...

News: the installer got this message going on:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 320
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/Model/Phrase.php at line 992
  4. XenForo_Model_Phrase->deletePhrasesForAddOn() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/Model/Phrase.php at line 1022
  5. XenForo_Model_Phrase->importPhrasesAddOnXml() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportPhrase.php at line 33
  6. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportPhrase->rebuild() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
  7. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 243
  8. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2b() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/install/index.php at line 17

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
If you're still having problems, I'd have to recommend trying the installation on a different system or waiting for beta 2.