1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

various errors "A server error occurred. Please try again later."

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Rodrigo Farcas, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Rodrigo Farcas

Rodrigo Farcas Active Member

on AdminCP I get from time to time, this:

"A server error occurred. Please try again later."

Can this be because I'm running PHP 5.2.14 ?

2. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

Not likely, the minimum is 5.2.4.

Only happens in the Admin Control Panel?

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is there something specific you are doing to produce that error?

Try adding this line to the library/config.php file:

Code:
    $config['debug'] = 1;

That may reveal a more detailed error message.

4. Rodrigo Farcas

OK!!
    I went in AdminCP to Languages -> English (when clicking it, this happens)

Server Error

Undefined index: month_10_short
    1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Locale.php at line 189
    2. XenForo_Locale::getFormattedDateInternal() in XenForo/Locale.php at line 255
    3. XenForo_Locale::getFormattedDate() in XenForo/Model/Language.php at line 410
    4. XenForo_Model_Language->getLanguageFormatExamples() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Language.php at line 39
    5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Language->_getLanguageAddEditResponse() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Language.php at line 63
    6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Language->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
    7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/admin.php at line 13

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Please redownload and reinstall. That appears to be related to the install errors from the first few hours.

6. Rodrigo Farcas

Hey Mike
    I've downloaded and installed like 10 hours ago only!

7. Mike

Did you get any errors during the install? (When rebuilding caches)

8. Rodrigo Farcas

Yes, I got the same error message during install ""A server error occurred. Please try again later" but the installer continued running and going though the installation.
    I've tried the installer 2 times and always got the same.
    If you want to, I can give you access for you to look.

9. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try enabling debug mode for the install (see my previous post). That may reveal a more detailed error that Mike can work with.

10. Rodrigo Farcas

Hey Jake.
    Did that, but there's no more info, the only message on the screen is this:

Rebuilding...

An error occurred. Please click the button below for more information.

---
    Then it keeps loading and goes to another installation step...

11. Rodrigo Farcas

News: the installer got this message going on:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
    1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 320
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/Model/Phrase.php at line 992
    4. XenForo_Model_Phrase->deletePhrasesForAddOn() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/Model/Phrase.php at line 1022
    5. XenForo_Model_Phrase->importPhrasesAddOnXml() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportPhrase.php at line 33
    6. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportPhrase->rebuild() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
    7. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 243
    8. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2b() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
    9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/virtual/consumidores.cl/www/install/index.php at line 17

12. Rodrigo Farcas

13. Mike

If you're still having problems, I'd have to recommend trying the installation on a different system or waiting for beta 2.

14. Rodrigo Farcas

ok Mike thanks for your reply. Do you want to test at my server?

15. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Beta2 has some changes to the importing script?

16. Rodrigo Farcas

Any clue on how to fix my issues?
    is any ETA for Beta 2?