Vanity Names [Paid] [Deleted]

hi Liam,
I want the addon but:
XF Liam - XenForo Addons - Error
The requested page could not be found.
5ef1b310b684a290997db3d12718cc57.png

I want this addon, but 15 days ago when I tried to purchase it was not available.
still have no received any reply of the developer. still interested btw :coffee:

This should be looked into... I got this pm from a user....

Errr I thiiink you should probably either sanitize the vanity name thing correctly or remove it completely. At the moment you can pretend to be somebody else etc in SB at least.
For example when I inputted "/forums/derpyswaifu" it linked my URL to Forté on SB (other links for my profile break up it seems).
Checking for illegal characters or just allowing A-Z, a-z and 0-9 should do the trick.
Edit: Every / seems to remove one "part" of the URL (can't recall proper term), so vanity name like "///i.imgur.com/kuQgJo5.jpg" turns it into a proper link to that page. My inner dev soul is dying here.

The SB being the taigachat chatbox.

This should be looked into... I got this pm from a user....

The SB being the taigachat chatbox.

I check to see if the entered name is a node before allowing, clearly something in the check is going wrong.

Checking.

I want this addon, but 15 days ago when I tried to purchase it was not available.
still have no received any reply of the developer. still interested btw :coffee:

What do you mean not available? Click the purchase button, add the product to your basket, done. You need to have a validated license on XF Liam though.

Liam

@rafass

Whoops, the URL was pointing to the resource URL on XF Liam, of which I deleted all of them. I've updated the URL to point to the product page now :)

@derpyhooves updated to fix :)

Liam

@derpyhooves I've no idea what the shoutbox add-on is doing, but it's doing something strange.

Someone complained when I stripped out all non ASCII characters & only allowed alphanumeric - so what am I to do...?

Liam

@derpyhooves I've no idea what the shoutbox add-on is doing, but it's doing something strange.

Someone complained when I stripped out all non ASCII characters & only allowed alphanumeric - so what am I to do...?

Liam
@Liam W
It's not the Shoutbox doing it though, that's the thing. When I try to use Taigachat as my vanity url, which is the name of the shoutbox, it tells me that the url I wanna use is a route, so it can't be used, it doesn't say that the vanity name is in use, even though it is. So the person doing it is doing some messy stuff with hidden characters i'm guessing.

Though like I posted, the person said to do something about abusing periods, that might have to do something with it.

As for the botched url, I got no idea, i'm not the one doing it, someone is bugtesting it for me. Hell if anything you can make an alphanumeric only version and pass it on to me, I can understand why some people want ascii characters, but I feel like it does more harm than good.

Top Bottom