Vanity Names [Paid] [Deleted]

forget it, I've fixed, was something wrong with my template account_personal_details
I can see the option now. ;)

showing it like this, would be nice...

idea:

clicking this "Link" will open the "Membercard".

at-liam-membercard.webp

:)

Last edited:
@erich37 like the update I just released?

Liam

this is great (y)

ideally, the position of the "@liam"-Link should be underneath the "Username" (between "Username" and "Well-Known Member"), but I guess that will be a bit difficult to realise as it will
make the box a bit bigger in height.....

this is great (y)

ideally, the position of the "@liam"-Link should be underneath the "Username" (between "Username" and "Well-Known Member"), but I guess that will be a bit difficult to realise as it will
make the box a bit bigger in height.....

Not that difficult, just have to make the link a block display instead of inline.

This can actually be done by using the height option to inject some other CSS into the element:

Code:
75%;display: block;

Obviously that isn't ideal, so I think I'm going to change that option to just a general CSS option in the next update (which won't be released immediately because people get annoyed when loads of updates are released in quick succession).

Liam

Not that difficult, just have to make the link a block display instead of inline.

This can actually be done by using the height option to inject some other CSS into the element:

Code:
75%;display: block;

Obviously that isn't ideal, so I think I'm going to change that option to just a general CSS option in the next update (which won't be released immediately because people get annoyed when loads of updates are released in quick succession).

Liam

I would not want to use this "%"-thingy for resizing anything....
Just make an additional "line" underneath the "Username" and put the "@Liam"-Link in there.

Code:
font-size: 14px;

atprofilename.webp

Last edited:
Cool looking addon. Does the park setting automatically redirect members/profile to the new vanity URI? Purely to avoid losing SEO juice.

Cool looking addon. Does the park setting automatically redirect members/profile to the new vanity URI? Purely to avoid losing SEO juice.

Yes, the existing profile URL will work and will be canonicalised to the new vanity URL.

Liam

Last edited:
Hello @Liam W. I was wondering if there are some technical reason why is not possible actually add some characters in the name like dots (.) ?
Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 5.19.48 PM.webp
Recently you've added support to add @ in the url (thank you), but would be great (if possible) add dots dots (.) in the name too.
Thanks.

Can you add a feature to ensure Vanity names NEVER match existing routes? Could you also add a feature to REQUIRE the prefix when accessing a page, to ensure no conflict? I am a purchaser and would love this.

Can you add a feature to ensure Vanity names NEVER match existing routes? Could you also add a feature to REQUIRE the prefix when accessing a page, to ensure no conflict? I am a purchaser and would love this.

A user cannot use a route as a vanity name. It doesn't save, and there's no way around this.

If you set a prefix in the options, it is global and is always required to access the page - there aren't any valid names without the prefix...

So, I'm not 100% sure what you're asking...?

Liam

A user cannot use a route as a vanity name. It doesn't save, and there's no way around this.

If you set a prefix in the options, it is global and is always required to access the page - there aren't any valid names without the prefix...

So, I'm not 100% sure what you're asking...?

Liam
Last I tested, unprefixed URLs routed to prefixed URLs.
ex http://www.xenforo.com/shiro/ redirected to /@Shiro

Top Bottom